We have an immediate need for a Senior Design Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA.
As a Design Engineer, you'll work with our Project Development team to ensure that final engineering designs will achieve savings guarantees and functional performance. You'll also interact with other internal groups to ensure their requirements have been incorporated into each design package. Teamwork is essential as every person on our team plays a vital role in the successful completion of every project we do.
Here is a look at the responsibilities for this position.
The senior design engineer is responsible for setting scopes of work and overseeing all design functions at multiple sites. Most of their work is site investigation, preparation of site-specific design documents, supervision of specialty consultants and pricing support leading to acceptance by the government/customer of fixed price design/build proposals. Detail design requirements vary by customer, technology and subcontractors, but at a minimum the candidate will be responsible for the following:
The following experience and attributes are preferred for this position.
- Work closely with the development team to write detailed scopes of work and design drawings to insure each project can be priced by a turn-key design/build subcontractor and minimize the potential for change-orders during the implementation phase.
- Coordinate with all internal departments to insure requirements from M&V, O&M, Commissioning and analysis have been incorporated into the design packages.
- The candidate will be expected to be capable of effective time management and proper resource allocation on the projects assigned to him/her.
- Managing design consultants during the implementation phase, insuring the final design can achieve savings guarantees and system performance.
- The senior design engineer will be expected to be cpmpany's technical interface with the customer during the implementation phase.
- More than 10 years experience in HVAC, central plant, piping and controls; at least two of those years should be in a design/build environment (preferred).
- Experience managing internal and external staff and consultants.
- Candidate must be proficient in writing detailed scopes of work for turn/key subcontractor pricing and preparing design drawings in conjunction with these scopes.
- Prior experience with AutoCAD is required, but the job responsibilities will only require a minimum proficiency. The candidate shall be capable of opening documents and making minor document changes as well as being able to print files for review.
- Proficient with Microsoft office software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Additional Preferred skills:
- Professional registration by examination.
- HVAC construction or construction management.
- Energy efficiency analysis.
- Project team participation and management.
- Experience with engineering for federal facilities.
Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing