To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oak Brook, IL 60523
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Ace Hardware Corporation • Oak Brook, IL
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently seeking an ambitious, highly motivated Staff Accountant in Financial Inventory Control on our Finance team. In this position, you will have the opportunity to apply your accounting to the inventory control accounting area of our organization. The primary responsibilities of this position are to prepare period end journal entries, reconciliations and roll forwards in accordance with company policy that relate to inventory. The Staff Accountant will also have cross functional support responsibilities in reviewing any and all processes and controls throughout the entire Ace Hardware organization that impact the way inventory is accounted for in the general ledger and the inventory systems.
What you’ll do
- Handle the monthly close responsibilities associated with the Financial Inventory Control areas within Ace Hardware Corp.
- Identify, propose and implement process improvements or accounting changes to simplify or streamline the process and ensure accuracy in the accounting.
- Assist business partners with more complex issues or functional areas within Ace requiring additional attention.
- Work with the stakeholders to gain an understanding of the inventory area, determine the root cause of any issues identified, propose process improvements, and assist with the implementation of the process improvements.
- Prepare scorecards, ad-hoc reports, and analysis, as assigned by management, to key cross-functional areas.
- Create reporting metrics, present findings, and identify any business or process changes resulting from the analysis.
- Assist on projects designed to improve accounting efficiency or drive higher quality results.
- Manage the resources provided to ensure that the project goals are met on a timely basis.
- Create a final deliverable outlining the recommendations for improvement.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2+ years accounting experience in a large corporate environment (with inventory accounting a plus)
- Demonstrated experience in accounting, specifically in monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close processes
- Experience reviewing and analyzing controls and processes required
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles and concepts
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and data mining skills
- Excellent project/time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with SAP preferred
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.