To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Government Relations Manager - East Coast
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL, INC • Washington, DC
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
International Code Council (ICC)
Government Relations Manager
The Manager of Government Relations is responsible for developing, coordinating, directing and implementing programs to ensure the successful completion of the goals and objectives of the International Code Council (ICC) and its subsidiaries. This position will cover the States of North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and other areas as assigned.
- Drafting proposed legislative and rulemaking language, and pursuing to completion, to support adoption and use of I-Codes and ICC and subsidiary services such as ES product evaluations, IAS programs, SRCC requirements, SKGA, General Code, the Learning Center, the Assessment Center, and other opportunities which may benefit the membership of ICC
- Developing and executing strategy supporting adoption of the I Codes
- Monitoring and reporting on state, and local legislation in assigned states;
- Analyzing political climates and trends; including state and local elections and
- Advising on strategy, legislative procedures and coalition building;
- Managing relationships with coalitions of stakeholders including state agencies, and county and municipal organizations.
- Attending chapter conferences and meetings;
- Building relationships with Members/Chapters to ensure they know the organization supports them and to gain their support for the
- Evaluating existing programs, services and procedures and recommending improvements as necessary to support the goals of the ICC and its subsidiaries
- Making presentations to state government officials, design professionals, contractors, and other interested parties on all aspects of the ICC
- Representing the ICC at member meetings, conferences and trade shows
- Coordinating with other ICC staff in region
- Establishing and implementing effective internal communications
- Regular reporting of activities
- Preparing annual cost center budget.
- Managing cost center budget and tracking expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budget
- Extensive travel required
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Education/ Experience/ Location:
- Ability to travel up to 70% throughout immediate areas of responsibility
- At least 10 years of experience in government relations, policy or advocacy related fields required
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, and proven ability to master other computer software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A proven history of delivering on commitments.
- Patience, understanding, independence, professionalism, reliability.
- The ability to use productively the knowledge, experience, and efforts of others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Residence in one of the States in this position's assigned territory.
- Bachelor's Degree required