709 Papermill Rd
Dublin, Georgia, 31027
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 350 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Reliability Engineer.
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for promoting the Maintenance Reliability program cross departmentally in the Mill or Plant facility. Additional responsibilities for the Reliability Engineer include collecting and analyzing data on maintenance repairs to the equipment and facility, seeking opportunities to improve reliability of the assets, creating preventative maintenance plans, promoting the detection of equipment failures through predictive maintenance, and serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for other WestRock sites and external vendors.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Lead the Reliability program to continuously improve equipment availability and uptime, maximize production, and reduce maintenance costs.
- Plan predictive and preventive maintenance activities to support the strategy, vision and core values of the Maintenance Department.
- Collect and analyze cost for equipment and facility repairs to identify opportunities to reduce maintenance costs.
- Conduct equipment failure analyses to identify opportunities to reduce repetitive maintenance and repair issues and to increase facility uptime.
- Assess equipment breakdown cost, down-time requirements and production losses per man hour to improve preventative maintenance processes.
- Develop and implement predictive maintenance measure to increase the lifespan of assets.
- Order parts and equipment to replenish inventory required to complete equipment analysis and repair job orders (i.e., Vibration Analysis, Lubrication)
- Conduct Quality Assurance checks on equipment analysis to plan for scheduled maintenance repair and to validate accurate maintenance requests are ordered.
- Research training and continuing education opportunities for Reliability personnel to enable development and enhance technical skills and knowledge.
- Serve as an equipment reliability Subject Matter Expert (SME) to WestRock facilities and external vendors to support operating excellence.
- Assure the implementation of industry best practices for equipment inspection and lubrication.
- Advise Maintenance leadership on the execution and completion of work orders informed by priority and preventive maintenance findings.
- Work collaboratively with the Maintenance and Production teams to facilitate and resolve maintenance issues and enable operating efficiency.
- Partner with the Maintenance and Production teams to support, educate, and promote reliability program buy-in throughout the facility.
- Coach and train Reliability personnel (i.e., Vibration Analysts, Reliability Technicians, and Lubrication Technicians) to enable performance excellence.
- Work collaboratively with the Plant management (i.e., Maintenance Superintendent, Planning Superintendent) to ensure critical job orders are resolved.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Vibration analysis work experience, preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all departments.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of computers including word processing, spreadsheet, and CMMS database applications.
- Ability to organize and analyze operational, technical, and drawing data and manuals.
- A sense of area ownership and urgency to act are required.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Keywords: reliability engineer, reliability leader, mechanical engineering, reliability, mechanical reliability, maintenance systems, reliability systems, hydraulics, reliability planning, vibration analysis, oil analysis, time studies, failure analysis, runtime, run time, historian, parts historian, maintenance planning, thermal analysis, pump alignment, motor alignment, laser alignment, maintenance, Excel, reporting, data analysis, jd Edwards, pulp, paper, pulp, paper, manufacturing, linerboard, liner, paperboard, kraft, medium, freesheet
- Preventive Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
- Oil Analysis