We are seeking a results-oriented database engineer to help optimize the performance of our organization's databases. You will be enhancing our data storage capacity, writing new support programs and scripts, and troubleshooting database code.
Database Engineer Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and enhancing the performance of existing database programs.
- Assisting database development teams in designing new database programs that meet the organization's data storage needs.
- Monitoring databases and related systems to ensure optimized performance.
- Writing new support programs and scripts to increase data storage capacity.
- Reviewing database and user reports, as well as system information.
- Performing debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Mentoring database administrators and providing them with technical support.
- Adhering to best practices in securely storing, backing up, and archiving data.
- Documenting processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
- Keeping abreast of developments and best practices in database engineering.
Database Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, information technology, computer science, or similar.
- Applicable licensing, certification, and registration.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in database engineering.
- Experience with database platform migrations from on-prem to Cloud (Azure).
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Extensive experience with RDBMS/No-SQL database technologies and architecture.
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
It would be great if you also have:
- Healthcare experience
- DBA/Architect certifications
- Sql Server Reporting Services
- Extract Transform Load (Etl)
- Database Design
- Sql Server Integration Services
- Relational Databases
- Data Modeling