In order for your candidacy to be considered, you must apply at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Athletics Recruiting Coordinator and Head Football Coach
You will not be considered for this position unless you apply at that link.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Assume responsibility for the development of strategies and implementation of the recruiting plan of student athletes and contribute to Fitchburg State University's enrollment strategy, priorities, and goals. Also provide leadership, organization and supervision of the football program.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Assistant coaches, student game managers and student athletes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Serve as liaison and maintain an open line of communication between all Admissions and Department of Athletics staff.
* Speak with athletic recruits during recruiting visits. Speak on behalf of all programs and coaches when necessary.
* Attend all Admissions Open Houses and other admissions events relevant to student-athlete recruitment. Develop and coordinate specific athletic recruiting events in conjunction with the admissions office.
* Train coaches and ensure the proper use of Front Rush recruiting software. Generate weekly and monthly reports for coaches and admissions and ensure data is shared between departments.
* Participate in the onboarding of all coaches and ensure they are properly trained on how to recruit for Fitchburg State University. Continuously train and update all coaches and athletic staff on recruiting techniques, changes to academic programs, admissions updates, NCAA recruiting rules, and all other recruiting related topics.
* Work with the admissions data system, Slate, to ensure proper coding of athletic recruits.
* Coordinate and track all unofficial, official, and overnight recruit visits in accordance with NCAA rules.
* Provide the Athletic Director with updates and reports regarding athletic team recruitment.
* Work with the Director of Athletics, Admissions staff, and coaches on the development of recruiting goals and strategies to meet minimum roster expectations.
* Participate in the development and implementation of student-athlete retention efforts including academic monitoring, study halls, and academic success programming.
* Assist in holding coaches responsible for delivering recruiting goals.
* Provide assistance with other department projects as assigned, including home game supervision.
* Other duties as requested.
HEAD COACHING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide leadership, organization and supervision of the football program including conducting all practices, team meetings, game preparation, team conduct, individual and team skill development and coaching.
* Develop and execute a recruiting plan that effectively recruits academically and athletically qualified student-athletes and maintains an appropriate roster size.
* Prioritize the academic success and promote the personal development of football student-athletes.
* Hire, train, supervise and evaluate assistant coaches.
* Submit proposed practice schedule to Athletic Trainer, communicating regularly about any changes. Coordinate and communicate practice schedules, and any changes, with department staff.
* Prepare a list of prospective football student-athletes and submit to Compliance Officer for eligibility review.
* Attend all contests and ensure that transportation and meal requirements are scheduled properly. Travel with team to all away contests or assign members of football staff to travel with team. Drive team vehicle to away contests as required. Secure meal money and forms before away contests. Return all meal forms and unused money to Athletic Office as soon as possible or prior to next trip at the latest.
* Confer with Athletic training staff regarding the status of injured athletes.
* Submit recommendations to Director of Athletics regarding schedule, facilities, support staff, budget, transportation and equipment during post-season evaluation meeting.
* Participate in Admissions events.
* Attend all department meetings and functions as requested.
* Conduct fundraising projects as desired in compliance with all regulations of the department and the Booster Club.
* Complete all required departmental, conference and NCAA paperwork in a timely fashion as requested and develop knowledge of and abide by current NCAA and MASCAC rules and regulations regarding recruiting, eligibility and sport-specific rules concerning practice and playing seasons.
* Other duties as requested.
* Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree in related field preferred.
* Strong desire and the ability to recruit academically and athletically prepared student-athletes required.
* Football coaching experience at the collegiate level required.
* Football playing experience at the collegiate level preferred.
* Proven integrity and leadership skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to effectively relate to students, faculty, staff and general public.
* Ability to teach, mentor and demonstrate accountability, respect, sportsmanship, academic and athletic excellence.
* Standard work schedule will include afternoon, evening and weekend hours.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Must be able to satisfactorily pass a check conducted by the Criminal History Systems Board (CORI check); a background check satisfactory to the university and must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19 or have a documented and approved exemption.
* Knowledge and adherence to NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
* Knowledge of the game of football, practice drills, game planning, and current trends in the sport.
- Drilling Operations
- Professional Responsibility
- Financial Management