Retail-Customer Service Security Guard Surveillance
Securitas Security Services is currently seeking individuals to fill customer service oriented security guard openings. Interested job seekers should be customer service driven, helpful, and friendly. These officers serve a vital role, observing and patrolling a retail facility to ensure overall safety for the public. We offer entry level positions; providing the training you need to be successful!
NO PRIOR SECURITY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!
PAY: $12.25 per hour
HOURS: Full-time; 1st & 2nd shift openings. *must be able to work weekends and holidays*
LOCATION: Portland Metro, East Portland, and Northeast Portland
- Paid vacation!
- Company Paid Uniforms! (guards supply their own socks, shoes, and belt)
- Extensive training programs
- Dedicated Region and Area Management staff to support you!
- Career growth and knowledge opportunities!
- WEEKLY PAY CYCLE!!!
CAREER & EDUCATION ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Securitas LEAD (Learning, Education, and Development) Program:
- We have partnered with Purdue Global University to provide affordable education opportunities for careers in security, public safety, criminal justice, business, fire science, informative technology, or emergency management
- Online education offering 4 different certificate programs consisting of four 10-week courses per program
- Securitas Security Services will pay 90% of the cost!!! *must be able to meet eligibility requirements*
TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Access control- must be alert and observant
- Patrols premises- walking and standing on feet for long periods
- Reports suspicious activity
- Responds in emergency situations
- Preserves order
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Security Officers and armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation to and from work.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months of hire.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
For questions about this job opportunity and others, give our office a call at 503.445.4941
Grow your career with a company where your customer service dedication will truly be valued!