Find your more with Mohawk!
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our people.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Come find your “more” with Mohawk!
What we need:
Mohawk is looking for a Director of Accounting who can do more for all Mohawk Flooring North America brands across residential, distributor and builder multifamily divisions.
This position will be responsible to direct the general accounting functions and the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits cash balances, and other financial results for Corporate and Global groups. Leads a diverse team of professional and support administrative staff. Stays abreast of Corporate and regulatory changes.
What you’ll do:
- Directs the general accounting functions for the Corporate Accounting group. Responsible for the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, cash flows and other financial results. Formulates and administers approved accounting practices throughout the Company to ensure that financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the Company and provides reliable information necessary to leadership.
- Assist the segments with various accounting transactions to ensure the financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP.
- Responsible for the accurate recording of foreign exchange in a complex Tax and Legal structure company-wide.
- Analyse complex tax and legal restructurings and provide guidance to the Corporate Tax Team including the segments where needed. Oversees the accurate recording of these transactions.
- Assist the Corporate Accounting Team with various SEC tasks, review and analysis.
- Stays abreast of emerging trends and “best practices” in the accounting field and related GAAP, SEC and other regulatory agencies and their impact to the company; recommends policy changes and process improvements to achieve business goals and ensure continued regulatory compliance; participates in key management activities and committees; maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility, advising company senior management accordingly.
- Works with the accounting and finance senior management teams to plan, design and implement and communicate a full range of Accounting/Finance policies and activities in accordance with the organization’s strategic goals and legal requirements. Serves as a catalyst for the process of change within the organization, ensuring the organization’s culture, mission and objectives are communicated and understood at all levels throughout the organization.
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching and growth opportunities to a diverse team of, professional and administrative support employees, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable employment laws. This includes but is not limited to: interviewing and hiring; planning, assign or directing work assignments, assessing employee’s performance; providing constructive and timely feedback, identifying development needs and supporting employee development; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for special projects and performing other duties as required.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relate discipline. Master’s preferred
- CPA required
- 10+ years of job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement in an organization of comparable size, business diversity, scope and complexity, experience must include:
- Demonstrated experience developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems.
- Experience in SEC reporting and Lease Accounting.
- Experience working with Mergers & Acquisitions.
- International accounting experience preferred with extensive knowledge in Consolidating various entity structures.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience, which includes project leadership in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
- Demonstrated experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, IAS and thorough knowledge of SOX compliance.
- 5+ years of demonstrated management/leadership experience that include:
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership experience with an emphasis on relationship management with all levels within an organization of comparable size and structure.
- Demonstrated experience leading multidiscipline, high-performance work teams/groups and managing resources to meet organizational goals across multiple projects.
What you’re good at:
- Superior oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management, and ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability to act as a managerial advisor on professional and technical issues with a view towards reaching strategic decisions; ability to manage conflicting demands for resources through negotiation.
- Ability to be perform in a nonhierarchical, flat organization and to thrive in a somewhat unstructured “hands-on” environment that demands a consultative approach and solutions that span multiple environments in a business area.
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group; to achieve results through team efforts, capitalizing on the teams’ diversity.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Normal office environment
- Domestic and International Travel – as required
- While we’re a primarily in-office team, we thrive on flexibility and ensuring our people can balance personal and professional time
- We’re located in a pretty great spot – check out [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director Corporate Accounting to see what we mean
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
Process Improvements (Business)