To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, KY
- Morgan Smith
- Phone: 859 475 5030
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Aerotek • Richmond, KY
Posted 26 days ago
We are seeking an Automation Engineer to support the automation and monitoring of plant control systems. This engineer will work alongside the existing engineering team to collaborate with various teams specialized within the plant process to ensure proper functionality. This is a great opportunity that provides engineering training and access to gaining experience with various control systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering degree with 2+ years of experience or Associates degree in similar degrees with 5+ years of experience
- Experience with DCS (distributor control systems) experience is a must. Preference is Invensys or Schneider
- Experience programming the DCS and the HMIs - Wonderware or any Invensys products is preferred. Allen Bradley, RSView, FactoryTalk, etc. would be considered as well.
- Experience with basic programming skills: Siemens 7 would be a big plus.
- Experience in the following industries is preferred: food and beverage, pharmaceutical, paper mills, power, or chemical plants: anything process controls related. s
- Must be able to solve complex problems and understand the impact of decisions upon the operation of the facility
- Must have good communication skills to provide technical assistance, presentations, and/or training to field personnel.
- Competent in developing, analyzing, and modifying complex Distributed Control System (DCS) software, or similar type system, and related Human Machine Interface (HMI) software.
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- Work efficiently under limited supervision
- Work may include technical responsibility for a major control system phase or functional area of a project. Typically at this level, there is specialization in a functional area (robotics, conveyors, automated etc.).
- Directs and prioritizes work assignments of the Automation Specialists
- Provide reports and updates to management on the status of control system implementation and operation.
- Responsible for the analysis, implementation, evaluation, and modification of the system(s) used to control and monitor the processes within the demilitarization facility.
- Responsible for providing DCS programming and hardware support to the systemization teams during the testing of plant operations of plant equipment.
- Implement new control software and modify existing code utilizing approved demilitarization coding procedures.
- Perform analysis, evaluation, and modifications to all DCS processes control systems software as required to support systemization testing activities and normal operation.
- Ability to communicate with systems engineers and operators to determine process control software functional specifications.
- Perform troubleshooting of DCS and associated control system hardware in upset conditions.
- Ability to communicate to management personnel DCS equipment / system upset conditions, and make recommendations for restoring the equipment / system to normal operation.
- Monitor Vendor installation of PLC's and control system to assure technical feasibility and adequacy.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of test plans and procedures for the process control system.
- Develop and/or review all standard operating and maintenance procedures associated with the process control system.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.