Effectively manage all aspects of the company’s field sales, marketing and agency management to achieve growth and profit objectives for the assigned sales territory.
1. Understand, promote and support the objectives and goals of each Profit Center. Participate as a team member with the Profit Center associates to assist with plan development, execution and monitoring.
2. Manage the production, profitability and relationships with all agencies in the assigned sales territory.
3. Responsible for prospecting, evaluating, appointing and developing new agencies in the fulfillment of Profit Center growth objectives.
4. Provide complete and timely information regarding details about business initiatives of our competitors in the marketplace, including but not limited to rates, products, underwriting guidelines and marketing initiatives.
5. Understand the agents’ business, including their sales, support and service strategies. Monitor and communicate agent feedback and agent satisfaction levels in key areas, including EODB, policyholder and customer service, and claims service.
6. Recommend Grange products expertly, provide technical and training support and act as the agents’ advocate and problem solver. Provide prompt response and support for agencies requesting assistance and ensure that the effectiveness of other field support positions are maximized.
7. Establish, implement and monitor annual business plans for agencies in the assigned sales territory. Plans are to include promotion and sales support mechanisms in coordination with the Profit Centers’ objectives and to identify cross-selling opportunities to maximize account development.
8. In conjunction with Profit Center associates, develop and implement action plans to address specific agency performance issues including loss ratio, production, procedural problems, and agency perpetuation.
9. Identify agencies with the greatest potential for profitable growth and maximize field time committed to supporting those agencies.
10. Support and promote efforts for company-agency transactions to be conducted exclusively on an electronic and paperless basis.
Demonstrated ability to work independently, excellent communication skills, proficient analytical skills and the proven capability to effectively manage an independent agency force. Required to live in assigned sales territory of East Tennessee (ideally Knoxville or surrounding area). Bachelor’s degree, CPCU or equivalent education & experience required, previous sales and field marketing experience strongly desired.