Forklift Driver and General Warehouse
We are looking for a person who’s not afraid of rolling up their sleeves as a Warehouse Associate at MDB Co. This position is a full-time regular hire. You should have a positive attitude, eager to learn, and like being part of a team. You will operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload product and materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, loading docks onto railroad cars, trucks or warehouse racks. This role also involves manual labor, as you will load and unload containers, pick ship, pack, assemble, inspect and repair products. You will also enter product information into our ERP system via scan guns and computers. You may work in receiving, shipping, returns and replacement parts, inspection, or production and will partner with other team members in lifting, pulling, or pushing heavy items.
*This position will start as Temporary and convert to Permanent based on job performance*
What you'll be doing (including but not limited to):
- Load & unload containers using forklift or manually
- Sort product if necessary and ensure that product is unloaded correctly
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Check loads are secure, stacking empty pallets
- Perform daily forklift equipment inspection for safety and proper preventive maintenance
- Pick, pack, and ship product
- Keep records on the use or damage of stock or stock-handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Provide assistance to other warehouse workers.
- Complete any other duties and projects that may be assigned.
- Follow warehouse safety rules
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of stand up Forklift experience a must
- Must learn product and have good attention to detail
- Be a team player
- Computer skills a must
- Flexible with change, may be rotating from dept. to dept.
- Forklift Certification required
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Good math, language and reading skills
Other physical demands:
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance monthly premiums covered 100% by us, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401k
- Vacation/travel and health/wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products
Packaging And Labeling