To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winchester, VA 22601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Records Specialist
Genex Services • Winchester, VA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This individual is responsible for a variety of tasks involving retrieving and sorting of medical records.
• Requests medical records and/or documents from clients
• Retrieves documents from clients secure portals
• Delivers quality Customer Service from initial request for service until completion of end product
• Follows appropriate secure methods for sending out medical records to providers
• Adheres to client protocols and jurisdictional regulations including, logging, processing and progress inquiries
• Verifies workflow functions to ensure tasks are being completed
• Contacts appropriate agencies for the purpose of verifying information
• Communicates immediately with the Medical Records Team Leader with regard to any major discrepancies within records
• Operates company software and equipment
• Enters data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information into system via keyboard
• Other duties as assigned
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
• Excellent communication skills-verbal and written
• Ability to accept and apply constructive feedback
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task without compromising attention to detail
• Meets specific department metrics
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions while adhering to prescribed departmental routines
• Proficiency with imaging/scanning documents
• Maintains confidentiality and discretion as a general rule
• Works effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
• Interacts professionally with other employees as well as clients
• Has a clear and concise understanding, and adheres to, guidelines as they relate to HIPAA, Conflict of Interest, and EthicsGenex is an equal opportunity, at-will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.