To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lansing, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Loss Control Consultants/Senior Loss Consultants- Nationwide Opportunities
AF Group • Lansing, MI
Posted 1 month ago
AF Group (Which includes Accident Fund Insurance Company, CompWest Insurance Company, Third Coast Underwriters, and United Heartland Insurance) is continuously recruiting for experienced Loss Control Consultants/Senior Loss Consultants to work remotely throughout the country.
Responsible for providing consultation and training to employers regarding safety matters. Develop business partnership and ambassador-type relationship with insured policyholders. Evaluate physical premises, equipment, materials, work practices, and safety policies and programs. Conduct safety surveys of employers' premises to gather information to assist in risk selection as an integral part of the underwriting process. Work with management to develop loss control strategies that will have the greatest impact on company success measures.
Associates in related field and certification (such as ARM, ASP, CSP) required; or a Bachelor's degree in occupational/industrial safety or related field required. Continuous learning required, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy. Certification, or progress toward, highly preferred and encouraged.
Loss Control Consultant II:
Minimum three years relevant experience that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Workers Compensation insurance experience preferred.
Senior Loss Control Consultant:
Minimum seven years relevant experience that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Workers Compensation insurance experience required.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of key loss control standards, guidelines, techniques and disciplines such as ergonomics, machine guarding, environmental health.
- Considerable knowledge of, and the ability to apply, relevant local, state and federal rules and regulations, including state-specific occupational safety and health acts and workers' disability compensation acts.
- Ability to proactively identify risk factors at employer locations and communicate risk concerns effectively to appropriate parties.
- Ability to proactively analyze and evaluate risk factors by synthesizing data and communicating risk concerns effectively to appropriate parties.
- Ability to mitigate risk and influence necessary change.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to minimize losses by spending time appropriately.
- Ability and proficiency in the use of computers and company standard software specific to position with the ability to navigate systems quickly and produce necessary reports for analysis.
- Ability to effectively exchange information clearly and concisely, present ideas, report facts and respond to questions, as appropriate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide customer service by responding appropriately to inquiries or concerns from agents, policyholders, regulatory agencies, management, and employees.
- Effective presentation skills in a variety of settings.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working and client relationship.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to work independently out of a home office location with minimum supervision.
- Ability to operate a variety of monitoring equipment including noise and air sampling devices and photographic equipment.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED for SENIOR LOSS CONTROL CONSULTANT:
- Extensive knowledge of, and the ability to apply, relevant local, state and federal rules and regulations, including multiple state-specific occupational safety and health acts and multiple state-specific workers' disability compensation acts.
- Ability to assist with training, development and mentoring of loss control staff in safety and accident prevention policies, procedures, presentation techniques, and sampling equipment.
- Ability to balance the needs and expectations of clients with losses and clients that require routine service.
- Ability to analyze and solve practical problems which deal with a variety of factors.
- Ability to make competent, independent decisions.
- Ability to understand and implement procedures and processes.
Work is performed primarily in the field. However, may be required to visit customer locations which may present some unusual hazards. Frequent travel is required with overnight stays. Ability to lift and carry computer equipment weighing up to 35 lbs. Must possess a valid driver's license with a record that meets corporate standards. Work is required at various times of the day and sometimes weekend work may be required. Must be able to meet general physical requirements that would allow for the ability to view and participate in account operations which may include climbing ladders and scaffolding, work in confined spaces, and or other similar situations.