To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Francisco, CA
- Erin Jenkins
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Division Sales Director, Northwest
Universal Hospital Services • San Francisco, CA
Posted 10 days ago
The Divisional Sales Director is responsible managing and achieving Division financial goals through growing revenue in accounts, and retaining and growing sales to existing accounts. Accountable for growing gross margins on both existing customer base and expansion accounts. Revenue accountability of approximately $12-$30 million.
Create alignment and Accountability in Sales Positions
Establishes clear goals that align the sales efforts with the organization's goals; ensure synergies between people, processes and strategies to drive flawless execution.
- Build a cohesive sales team by holding the team accountable, involving the group in decisions, and providing resources to execute sales strategies.
- Establish continuously higher standards for sales performance and evaluate progress against those standards.
- Establish a sales plan to achieve territory sales objectives that align with organizational objectives.
- Create plan to achieve sales performance objectives.
- Provide timely coaching, guidance and feedback to help sales people succeed.
- Gets results from sales team, sets performance expectations and holds people accountable for getting sales results
Creates a work environment where employees are committed to the organization and its bottom line and feels pride in the company.
- Build employee trust and engagement by being honest and consistent, keeping commitments, exchanging ideas openly and providing support.
- Motivate, inspire and support team efforts to achieve sales goals.
- Clearly communicate coaching and development suggestions in a way that engages individuals and helps them apply what they learn.
Build partnerships and relationships
Builds partnerships within the organization to collaboratively execute business strategies
- Persuade partners to take action that will advance shared business interest.
- Clearly communicate with internal partners in a way that motivates them to take action.
- Leverage business knowledge and experience to identify area for improving
- Influence others by using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals; gaining acceptance of ideas or plans.
- Identifies skill development areas and takes the initiative to learn new processes and technologies.
- Seizes opportunities and takes action on them.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes tasks based on business need.
- Exhibits flexibility in work schedule in order to meet customer need.
Finance, Product & Industry Knowledge
Understands and can appropriately apply knowledge of UHS product and service offerings.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of UHS product and service offerings.
- Demonstrates financial acumen and a robust understanding of financial analysis and communication.
- Use insight into market drivers to capitalize on key business opportunities that will create new or additional revenue
- Understands primary competitors, leverages that knowledge to position and differentiate UHS for success.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the healthcare industry, including an understanding of hospital operations, alternate care providers, and medical equipment manufacturers.
- Active in the health industry and viewed as experts as it relates to healthcare industry trends, reimbursement, legislation, and other key issues impacting customers (understand customer profile who is their GPO, IDN affiliation, regional presence
- Recognizes professional trends and business situations that present opportunities for UHS.
- Accountable for attracting, developing and retaining sales talent.
- Establish, manage and review sales results, assist market opportunities to meet objectives for new sales and customer retention.
- Build and leverage strong relationships with key customers to fully understand their business needs to move the account(s) beyond the standard supplemental rental relationship to "buy" more UHS programs and services. To sell more comprehensive solutions to customers.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue quota objectives and operating within Division cost, expense, revenue, and profit objectives
- Ensure that new prospect (CRM Management) data base contains current information on revenue potential, close probability, etc. for all prospects.
- Interface with other divisional managers, corporate management, clients and sales personnel within UHS
- Participate with team on customer calls at "high value" accounts to ensure that UHS is exceeding customer expectations and performance objectives.
- Ensure that new prospect data base contains current information on revenue potential, close probability, etc. for all prospects.
- Know first-hand, and meet on a regular basis the top 10 customers in the Division.
- Expectation to be on the road 4 of 5 days visiting top 20 customers with AEs.
- Collaborate with operational counter-part and refine processes to increase sales, gain operational efficiencies and reduce cost.
- Recruit, train, and develop employees and ensure positions are properly staffed.
- Demonstrates proficient leadership skills that motivate employees and builds competent teams.
- Demonstrates the leadership to inspire others by modeling a positive commitment to the business, peers, other departments, direct reports, and clients.
- Ensure timeliness of Division-wide and corporate wide performance management initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Drive revenue
- Demonstrated track record of results (achieve sales quota)
- Strategic mindset
- Ability to perform under time constraints.
- Financial acumen
- Accountable for accounting: Ability to maintain communication with other departments within organization to ensure timely and accurate recording of accounting events. Revenue review calls,
- Willingness to strive for constant improvement of department efficiencies as well as utilization of financial data
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- High capacity to manage change and ambiguity
- Adaptable and flexible
Educational Credentials and Experience Required
- 7-10 years sales management experience or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years healthcare, hospital industry, medical equipment, sales and services required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Proven sales management experience
- Demonstrated excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Travel up to 75%