To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 7 days ago
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To receive, process, service, and administers Certificate and IRA accounts.
1. Ensures Certificate and IRA applications are processed according to Internal Revenue Service Code, NCUA regulations, and Navy Federal policies and procedures.
• Receives Cert/IRA applications and reviews them for accuracy and completeness, obtains more information from member, and notifies members regarding transaction status
• Tracks incoming urgent mail containing checks and processes maturity notices on Cert/IRAs according to member’s instructions
• Adjusts dividends, accruals, and Cert/IRA product types
• Verifies accuracy of deposits made by Rollover or Direct Transfer to IRAs; signs as authorized Treasurer and forwards request to other financial institutions for IRA Direct Transfer to Navy Federal
• Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and procedures that govern Certificates and IRAs
2. Acts as point of contact for members and external financial organizations.
• Responds to and resolves member inquiries and complaints
• Counsels members and Navy Federal staff regarding Cert/IRA options, regulatory compliance of minimum distributions, NCUA insurance coverage, rollovers, and direct rollovers/transfers
• Explains and adjusts tax information on 1099R, 1099INT, and 5498 forms
3. Performs basic maintenance and monetary transactions on member accounts.
• Opens/closes Cert/IRA accounts; processes IRA purchases and Cert/IRA disbursements; determines tax withholdings; transfers funds to other financial institutions; adds, changes, or deletes joint owners and/or beneficiaries
• Adjusts Cert/IRA account errors, including adjustment of principal, dividend earnings and accrual, tax withholding, interest, yield, and early withdrawal penalty
• Researches incorrect/incomplete forms and takes corrective action, including contacting member to obtain necessary information
• Calculates and corrects Required Minimum Distribution amount based upon specified IRS options and restrictions
4. Provides administrative support to the section.
• Sorts, files, and maintains daily business documentation pertaining to Certificates and IRAs
• Collects information from members and staff to complete Certificate and IRA applications and documents for imaging
• Prepares certificate dividend and IRA disbursement checks and verifies the signature stamping on these items prior to mailing
• Prepares, corrects, and issues renewal and confirmation notices
• Provides daily work statistics to management
5. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
• Demonstrated experience in progressively responsible member/customer service or administrative position that provided knowledge of time deposits and IRS regulations governing IRAs
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply complex regulations, instructions, and procedures
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy
• Effective organization and problem solving skills
• Effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, including the ability to respond tactfully to members’ concerns
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Working knowledge of PCs and spreadsheet, database, and word processing software
• Education or training that demonstrates an understanding of financial accounting and/or business practices
• Familiarity with the Savings Time (ST) System
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability