Bids Executive - Remote
UnitedHealthcare Global is more than just an insurance company. We offer innovative health care, assistance, security and insurance solutions that safeguard the health, wellbeing and productivity of globally mobile populations.
Our mission is to help people live healthier lives and help make the health care system work better for everyone. That’s why we are committed to transforming health care and continuously exploring new ideas to help develop a simpler, more intelligent and cost-effective health care system.
The Bids Executive will develop innovative, tailored solutions to meet clients’ key requirements for Sales, Proposals and Bids. They need to write and edit clear, compelling bids and proposals. Support the Bids Department with the preparation of high quality bids and proposals to deadline. Develop and maintain tools and processes to support the Bids Department
- Evaluation of tender documentation and individual client requirements
- Manage input from stakeholders across the business in order to develop a winning solution
- Prepare and review all commercial and technical aspects of the bid
- Contribute to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Support the Bids, Planning & Implementation Manager with resolving complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Develop strong, winnable solutions with subject matter experts and articulate into proposals
- Any other duties as outlined by line manager
- Commercially focussed with an understanding of the operations which impact a business
- Excellent organisational capability with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels to ensure that a successful bid comes together and is ready for submission
- Ability to articulate proposals and understand business needs
- Flexible approach – longer hours may be required in order to meet submission deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills both written and verbal
- Excellent financial awareness and understanding of pricing requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Excellent IT skills and experience, especially in use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel
- Educated to Degree level or have equivalent experience
- Bid Management and Bid Writing experience with proven capability in delivering winning bids
- Project Management experience
- Experience of supporting the oil and gas industry would be advantageous
- Previous knowledge/experience of Qvidian (content management software) or online tendering portals such as Ariba is advantageous
- Experience of international operations
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near – obsession with driving change for the better. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.