To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lancaster, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse Operating Room - Surgical Services - Full Time/Evenings
Antelope Valley Hospital • Lancaster, CA
Posted 27 days ago
Week/Weekend calls are required
Under the supervision of the Director of Surgical Services and/or the OR Charge Registered Nurse, is responsible for the nursing care of patients undergoing surgical and/or other invasive procedures. The RN shall function under the guidelines of AORN Standards, as well as the policies and procedures of the hospital.
Meets all essential duties of a Registered Nurse
1. Nursing Process
Applies nursing process in direct patient care.
- Responsible for creating a safe and comfortable environment for the surgical patient
- Insures that patients have a safe intraoperative period from general, regional or local anesthesia
- Provide accurate and ongoing patient assessment
- Creation and maintenance of quality care provided for patients undergoing surgery
- Allows the patient to participate in his/her care and respects and carries out wishes accordingly, i.e. decision to decline blood transfusion, etc
- Acts as patient advocate while patient is impaired either under general anesthesia, regional or sedation
- Accounts for sponges, needles, instruments, and sharps during intraoperative phase
Skills and Abilities:
- Meets all skills and abilities of a Registered Nurse
- Knowledge and application of surgical asepsis and sterile technique
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of proper supplies equipment and instrumentation needed for surgical procedures, i.e. electrocautery, patient monitoring equipment, and equipment such as neurological, cardiovascular, orthopedic equipment during procedures
- Demonstrates competency in use of the new technologies relating to equipment and procedures
- Ability to take charge of unit for the assigned shift, within two year from date of hire
- Must complete accredited Perioperative Nursing Course and Preceptor Program and/or a one year surgical experience
- Facilitates education/growth of employees/students
- Demonstrate ability to supervise care provided by others
- Adheres to accepted policy and procedure in providing patient care
Required Licensure and/or Certifications:
- Meets all required licensure and/or certifications of a Registered Nurse
- National certification such as Certified Nursing in Operating Room (CNOR) desirable
- Meets required working conditions of a Registered Nurse
- May be required to take night as well as weekend call shifts in rotation with other OR staff
A detailed description of the physical requirements of this job is maintained in the Employee Health Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best – delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern California’s fastest growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our district’s nearly 1.2 million residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.