We are searching for a talented professional to join our team. We strive for excellence in the workplace and an environment that fosters creativity and team work. The Electrical Commissioning Warehouse Worker is responsible for all aspects of commissioning, troubleshooting, maintaining, and presentation of loadbanks, warehouse operation, up to and including budget, fulfillment operations, inbound/storage capacity, routing, order processing, safety and security, training and OSHA compliance.
Navy Nuclear Power Program a plus.
- Check-in rental equipment upon return and termination of rental to ensure all equipment is returned in satisfactory condition.
- Perform preventative maintenance on rental equipment to include operation and appearance.
- Maintain cable inventory to include inspection of condition and repairs if needed and ensuring all cables are kept in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform testing on rental equipment to ensure that the equipment is available and ready-to-rent at all times.
- Enter all testing and rental information in company software system.
- Maintain shop and storage areas in a neat, clean and orderly condition.
- Manage equipment shipment logistics to meet the requirements of projects around the country.
- Deliver and pick-up equipment as needed.
- Assist customers as needed to ensure that rentals run as smooth as possible.
- Maintain all shop equipment in good, safe working order.
- Assist with shop projects which will include but are not limited to fabrication of new
equipment and upgrades to existing equipment.
- Load and unload rental equipment on company vehicles, customer vehicles and commercial carriers.
- Assist in design and fabricating but not limited to accessories, cable sets, enclosures and shipping cages.
- Implement quality control and safety programs.
- Foster an environment emphasizing the importance of safe work practices.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Manage warehouse team by ensuring daily duties are completed, individual training is maintained in compliance with company requirements, and provide mentoring and regular performance reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- 4years related logistical/warehouse experience
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with others
- Must have or be able to obtain a DOT Medical Card
- Experience driving a small box truck
- Good driving record with the ability to drive a company truck with trailer
- Must be willing to have personal information sent to public and private organizations for security clearance and drug screening.
- Be willing to travel on occasion to job sites for set-up, operations and removal of equipment.
- Have or willing and able to obtain OSHA30 Cert/ First Aid/ AED/ CPR Cert
- Be able to fill out logs/test sheets.
- Read/interpret electrical schematics & drawings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and computers in general
- Proficient in electrical formulas required to determine load bank capacities, power distribution and cable ampacity.
- Proficient in interpreting data derived from testing in order to determine acceptable testing parameters for rental equipment.
- Proficient in using multi meters.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This list represents the demands that the position requires. The list may not be all-inclusive.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Frequent bending, pushing, pulling
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement (to operate tools)
- Physical coordination (sequential or simultaneous use of hands, arms, feet, and legs)
- Close vision (clear vision at 20” or less)
- Extended periods of reading fine print
- Frequent sitting for long periods
- Requires occasional regional driving and national overnight travel
- Occasional weekend work as needed
- Occasional on-call work
- Temperature variations in shop and client environment
- Noise variations in shop environment
- Occasional outdoor work
- Frequent use of hand tools, forklifts, and hand trucks
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Automated External Defibrillator