Top Secret / SCI Required
Springfield, VA - or - St. Louis, MO
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join an exciting project with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency. The candidate implements and designs server, network, and software configurations for a virtual computing infrastructure and applications with a focus on DevOps principles. Monitors the performance of systems. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of cloud technology, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
* Provide day-to-day maintenance (routine, preventative, and corrective) of the ITSM platform to ensure consistent, reliable and secure service availability for users/customers.
* Perform specific scheduled maintenance activities that result from manufacturers recommended service intervals, alerts, bulletins, available patches and updates according to agency approved change management processes with pre-coordinated PMO and OCB approval.
* Build, update, deploy, and integrate ITSM Tool of Record including major planned vendor upgrades, enhancements, and
* Document detailed service interoperability standards and procedures for integrating new modules into the ITSM platform. These documents will be uploaded into a shared site identified by the Government.
* Document training, techniques, processes, and procedures for ITSM processes/modules. These documents will be uploaded into a shared site identified by the client
* Collect status and performance metrics reporting requirements from ITSM users and create/configure auto-generated reports.
* Make status and performance data available for performance and capacity analysis efforts.
* Perform active monitoring of the ITSM platform. Includes providing health, status, and performance monitoring oversight through standard EM tools.
* Respond to alarms/alerts during core service hours and after core service hours for Critical and High priority events.
* Develop and maintain ITSM tool training documentation and/or media and make it readily available for use by customers.
8+ years of experience of systems engineering or
6+ years of experience of systems engineering and Associates degree or
4+ years of experience of systems engineering and Bachelors degree or
2+ years of experience of systems engineering and Masters degree or PhD
* Experience in designing, modifying, developing, writing, documenting, or implementing software programming applications/operating systems.
* Expertise in a variety of software concepts, practices, and procedures with more advanced experience and skills in specialized software products.
* Knowledgeable of applicable business lines/industries and understands the relationship between technical and business needs
* Experience with at least one of: BMC Truesight, HP NNM, ServiceNow or Riverbed Aternity.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work.
* Ability to elicit, analyze, document, and validate the system requirements that support the required system changes to meet the business need.
* Must have the ability to work under aggressive deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize as necessary.
* Excellent analytical, comprehension, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong skills in IT fundamentals including, but not limited to: server administration, networking, database support/administration, infrastructure support, and IT security design.
* Demonstrated ability to provision, install, configure, operate, and maintain systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
* Ability to work with various programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
* Proven ability to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve complicated technical issues.
* Demonstrated capability to creatively solve complex requirements needs.
* Strong experience applying process and systems engineering, analytics and operations research methods at every phase of a project.
Must be a US Citizen
- Problem Solving
- Operating Systems
- Agile Software Development
- Software Development