Motor Coach Industries (MCI) is North America's public and private market motor coach leader, building the J4500 (the industry best-seller for 13 consecutive years), the all-new 35-foot J3500 model, and the workhorse D-Series including the breakthrough ADA-accessible MCI D45 CRT LE Commuter Coach offering lower dwell times for individuals in a wheelchair or in need of assistance to board the bus. MCI will add battery-electric propulsion in 2020. With nearly 30,000 MCI coaches on the road, MCI also provides maintenance, repair, 24-hour roadside assistance, parts supply through NFI Parts, and technician training through the industry's only Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) accredited MCI Academy. Further information is available at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Manager - Pembina ND.
The QA Manager is responsible for leading the QA Department to ensure our coaches meet all specified product requirements and that department activities are consistent with business requirements. This role is accountable for in station inspections, verification of operator verifications, supplier quality, auditing coaches and auditing operational processes. This team support the QAS system and runs the MRB process, ensuring parts are dispositioned in a timely manner.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Provide leadership and manage the overall performance of department staff to meet objectives and continuously improve department’s performance
- Review repetitive field and factory quality snags and assist with implementation of process improvements to prevent reoccurrence
- Provide guidance and approval regarding audit strategies and approaches
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Materials, and other areas as required, on the readiness of new product implementations, ensuring the standards meet the customer expectations, process capabilities and design and quality standards.
- Ensure department is in compliance with various MCI policies and practices to ensure our QMS system complies with our ISO 9001:2015 registration.
- B. Sc. Engineering – Mechanical/Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma or related combination of education and/or experience (engineering/quality is a definite asset).
- Quality Certification (ISO or ASQ, etc.) recommended
- 5+ years experience working within a manufacturing environment, preferably in the transportation, automotive, heavy equipment or bus industry
- Strong business acumen, and proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team
- Well-developed influencing, coaching and facilitation skills in order to interact effectively at all levels of an organization
- Profound listener with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational skills, solid problem solver with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing and 5S processes
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, Power BI)
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Fully employer paid Health benefit premiums for yourself and your family
- 4-day work weeks - Monday-Thursday (6 am - 4:20 pm)
- Daily employee shuttle from Grand Forks
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues and holiday festivities.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
ABOUT NFI GROUP:
With over 8,900 team members operating from more than 50 facilities across ten countries, NFI is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions under brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), Alexander Dennis Limited (single and double-deck buses), Plaxton (motor coaches), MCI® (motor coaches), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses), and NFI Parts™. NFI buses and motor coaches incorporate the widest range of drive systems available including: clean diesel, natural gas, diesel-electric hybrid, and zero-emission electric (trolley, battery, and fuel cell). In total, NFI now supports over 105,000 buses and coaches currently in service around the world. NFI common shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol NFI. News and information are available at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Manager - Pembina ND, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Manager - Pembina ND, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Manager - Pembina ND, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Manager - Pembina ND, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Manager - Pembina ND, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Manager - Pembina ND and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Manager - Pembina ND.
Attention To Detail
Process Improvements (Business)