To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Northbrook, IL 60065
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Allstate Insurance Company • Northbrook, IL
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Executive Search function is part of a broader, integrated executive talent strategies organization that also includes Executive Compensation and Executive Leadership Development. The Executive Talent Strategies team advises the business on attracting, retaining and developing purpose driven, world class leadership for The Allstate Corporation.
The Director, Allstate Executive Search will provide innovative solutions and steadfast leadership in delivering the best executive level talent to the enterprise. The role includes leadership of all executive recruiters and executive recruitment leaders, centralized search associate team and processes, strategic capacity management, measurement and metrics and client/candidate satisfaction.
The Director, Executive Recruiting should possess the executive presence and mindset to perform all officer level full-cycle executive recruitment and have a mastery of this type of recruitment. They will develop and nurture the existing executive recruiting team and will have the capacity to improve the team’s performance. This individual should anticipate building alliances and networks as an ambassador of Allstate, and improving the employment brand of Allstate for this class of executives both inside and outside the company.
- Define and deliver strategic direction for Allstate Executive Search across the enterprise;
- Provide strong, credible leadership and influence with senior officers across the businesses;
- Build relationships and partner with the HR Business Partner community to support Allstate Executive Search’s strategic plan and effectively market executive recruiting team services and partnership needed within the business;
- Lead the executive recruitment team adoption of consistent standards, processes, measures and goals for all recruiters to ensure consistent delivery of value is delivered to business/enterprise;
- Develop the sourcing strategies to identify best in class executive talent;
- Evaluate existing and future options for an appropriate Applicant Tracking System (ATS);
- Lead demand and capacity framework to include prioritization criteria, consistent utilization of data analysis and defined frequency of reporting as well as guidelines on efficient utilization of executive recruitment resources;
- Lead the enablement of a Customer Relationship Management) CRM tool specific to Allstate Executive Search’s need to provide world-class executive recruiting services;
- Understand and influence development and execution of Allstate’s Diversity Strategy; Partner with Diversity recruiting team, Veteran recruiting team and Multicultural recruitment team to explore and utilize diversity sources and create integration across services and that is aligned to Allstate’s mission and values;
- Effectively leverage the Continuous Improvement management system across the executive recruitment function and ensure system is connected to the right metrics and driving team and individual performance;
- Create a superlative, consistent candidate experience from initial contact to onboarding;
- Collaborate with the broader Talent Acquisition organization to share best practices;
- Act as Allstate’s brand ambassador at industry functions and with executive search-specific industry groups (ESIX, SHRM, etc.).
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 12+ years of executive search domain experience ideally both in-house and at a large executive search firm.
Additional preferences for the role:
- Demonstrated track record of leading and implementing innovation and change.
- Strong executive presence and ability to consult, advise and influence senior executives with appropriate data analysis and expertise in recruitment and strategic HR implementation.
- Superior management and people development skills; ability to inspire, and engage team members and influence outcomes with senior leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to maneuver in a matrixed organizational environment.
- Executive level time management skills, including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize.
A bachelor’s degree is required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.