The Collector is responsible for the follow-up performed on insurance balances or self pay accounts to ensure payment without delay is received from the insurance companies or uninsured patients or the account is converted to another financial payer. Communicates clearly and efficiently by phone and in person with our clients and staff members. Maintains productivity standards and reports. Obtains updated demographic information and all necessary information needed to comply with insurance billing requirements. Forwards updated information to responsible staff members for computer changes. Operates computer to input follow up notes and retrieve collection and patient information. Is able to write effective appeals to insurance companies.
1. Experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable preferred
2. Effective written and verbal communication skills
3. Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs to meet required timelines
4. Analytical and problem-solving skills
5. Customer Services experience required
6. High School Graduate or GED Equivalent Required (effective 4/1/14 for all new hires)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Collector - Medicare/Medicaid