New Flyer of America – North America’s largest transit bus, motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor is seeking a Tax Accountant to join its growing international team.
Join us as we continue advancing innovation and sustainable transit solutions that connect people with places. With 31 locations across the U.S. and Canada, and over 85 years of experience manufacturing buses, New Flyer is building on a solid foundation to drive North America forward with progressive transit technology that serves communities and makes cities smarter.
Don’t settle for a job when you can build an impactful and exciting career.
As a key member of our Finance/Tax Team you will be responsible for performing required tax filings and complying with Federal, State, and Local tax laws.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare and file U.S. state tax returns.
- Prepare workpapers for U.S. form 1120 and tax provision.
- Complete tax depreciation and reconciliation.
- Prepare state estimates and extensions.
- Prepare and file informational type returns (1099s, W-9s, 1042s, W-8s, FATCA, etc.)
- Update various analysis and continuity schedules used for tax provision.
- Assist in federal and state audits and fulfilling information requests.
- Assist with tax functions including; unclaimed property, property taxes, franchise taxes, secretary of state annual reports and excise taxes.
- Other miscellaneous tax filings.
- Research of various tax planning positions.
- Two years’ experience in a US Tax role
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
- CPA designation is an asset
- Ability to converse in a professional manner in both written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and possess initiative to seek improvements
- Motivated self-starter with capabilities to work within a fast paced team oriented environment.
New Flyer is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer
If you would like to apply for the position of Tax Accountant, or know someone who would, please submit a resume to: Email blocked - click to apply
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 13183
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
New Flyer was founded in 1930, as Western Auto and Truck Body Limited, and is now the largest transit bus and motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor in North America, with fabrication, manufacturing, distribution and service centers in the United States and Canada. We continue building on our 85+ year legacy of innovation to deliver innovative transit technology that meets the complex demands of communities today and into the future.
Today, New Flyer operates as New Flyer of America Inc. and New Flyer Industries Canada ULC, subsidiaries of New Flyer Industries Inc. (the “NFI Group”). New Flyer is North America’s heavy-duty transit bus leader and offers the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior® and Xcelsior CHARGE™ brands, incorporating the broadest range of drive systems available, including clean diesel, natural gas, diesel-electric hybrid, trolley-electric, battery-electric and fuel cell.
Together, the NFI Group has over 50 years of experience in manufacturing zero-emission buses (ZEBs). It is the largest transit bus and motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor in North America, with 32 fabrication, manufacturing, distribution, and service centers across Canada and the U.S. employing nearly 6,000 team members. NFI Group actively supports over 44,000 heavy-duty transit buses (New Flyer, NABI, and Orion) currently in service, of which 6,400 are powered by electric and battery propulsion.
Not Ready To Apply?
View the full profile