- R&A's Vehicle Research and Technology Laboratory is seeking an employee to work in the Advanced Polymer Materials and Processing group.
- The goal of this group is to provide basic understanding of next generation automotive polymer materials for vehicle interior, exterior, chassis, powertrain, and body systems.
- Output includes the demonstration of material capability in prototype systems.
- Projects within this group have been an enabling factor for strategic company initiatives for the future vehicle experience.
- As a natural byproduct of longer range research, the group is active in the development of specialized materials that provide new functionality to traditional materials.
- This exciting advanced polymer materials research role enables, and requires, a cross functional relationship with several organizations within OEM, which include Product Development, Basic Design, and Manufacturing.
- The person in this position will undertake materials research to determine the opportunities of utilizing sustainable/renewable materials and advanced materials in automotive applications. Particular areas of interest are the development of multifunctional materials and efficient processing techniques to provide value to internal and external customers in terms of performance, durability, and cost.
- The individual may need to develop new or modified laboratory test methods that mimic the targeted performance of the material.
- Additionally, the individual will be responsible for managing material development, including data analysis, report preparation and presentation of project information to customers, suppliers and management.
- Continuous development of laboratory, data analysis, and basic modeling skills are expected.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with OEM’s material suppliers as well as Manufacturing, Product Development, and Design within OEM to improve the quality and performance of polymer material systems on OEM vehicles.
- Use of polymer characterization techniques including TGA, DSC, DMA, FTIR, and XRD, as well as conducting mechanical and dynamic mechanical testing.
- Use of data analysis methods such as multivariable regression and the ability to build predictive models.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment with a diverse team.
Use of polymer processing techniques such as injection, compression and blow modeling, extrusion, and additive manufacturing. Experience Required:
Prior laboratory experience with plastic, elastomer, and/or composite material development and processing, including hands-on modification of material recipes and processing methods. Education Required:
MS or equivalent with 3-5 years of experience in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science.
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 532301
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Advantage Resourcing is a member of a family of staffing companies owned by parent Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd., based in Tokyo Japan. Advantage Resourcing has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK and Sydney, Australia. The Advantage Resourcing service delivery model is “local market focus”, meaning that Advantage Resourcing learns client requirements for primary skill sets in every local market we serve.
View the full profile
Through our local market intelligence, we acquire resumes, screen and qualify candidates and prepare to deliver talent and solutions to our clients locally. Because of our vast global network, we also service clients who live and work in multiple geographies and countries as needed. It is not uncommon for Advantage Resourcing to manage human resource and staffing solutions for one client in multiple cities, states, and even countries. We are able to find the perfect candidate for a job one mile away, but we can respond to our clients needs whether they be 400 or 4,000 miles away while managing all of the international employment challenges, such as immigration and worker mobility issues, cultural anomalies, and currency conversions.