PLANT HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER/DIRECTOR
Under the direction of the Human Resources Director of Corporate Global Talent Center, the Human Resources Manager/Director will manage all plant human resources and safety processes in compliance with corporate policies/guidelines and applicable state and federal laws.
The Plant Human Resources Manager will design, plan, and implement human resources programs for the Healthcare Co., Ltd plant currently located in South Carolina. The Plant HR Manager administers corporate policies relating to compensation, benefits, visa/green card processing, employee relations, training, and health and safety programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Establish/maintain communication with all Healthcare Plant HRBPs, management team, and staff.
- Ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliant with all Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Assist management in union avoidance activities.
- Recruit, interviews and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Conducts new employee orientations to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Assist management staff in resolution of grievances and maintain grievance organizational tracking system.
- Administrative back up for the plant hourly payroll system.
- Administer workers compensation program: investigate all injuries, first aid and near misses, and work with plant management to reduce all three.
- Administer and process FMLA requests.
- Conduct and report on investigations (harassment and/or discrimination).
- Recommend/administer discipline when warranted. Assist supervisors/plant management with disciplinary issues. Maintain accurate corrective action records.
- Performs as a Plant resource for benefits administration, communication, education and assistance.
- Develop/update plant job descriptions, plant rules, procedures and policies.
- Participate in facility safety and plant meetings, including, but not limited to, safety committee meetings, and accident investigations and conduct facility walk-through's identifying safety issues.
- Conduct assessments of current processes in order to identify problem areas, including the development of job safety analyses (JSA's).
- Develop and implement process improvements and conduct necessary training for affected employees.
- Manage subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met.
- Coordinates and administers employment-based immigration petitions (H1B, TN, OPT, EAD, EAD-GC, etc).
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related field, MBA preferred.
- Training and experience in improving, implementing and administering safety processes in a manufacturing environment.
- SHRM - SCP or SHRM-CP, or PHR/SPHR strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a HR Manager, 8 years preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' experience managing people and projects.
- Must have exposure to workers' compensation and safety program administration,
including experience with maintaining MSDS; creating, maintaining and updating JSA's; applying OSHA standards as they pertain to industrial hygiene, machine guarding, hearing conservation, and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Intercultural communication skill
- Must be a self-starter, able to handle multiple tasks and maintain priorities and organization with minimal supervision.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., stoop, bend, ascend/descend stairs and ladders, stand/walk for prolonged periods of time, and work in a high noise manufacturing environment.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Bi-lingual Mandarin/English highly desired.
- Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
- Industrial Relations
- Benefits Administration
- Hearing Conservation Programs
- Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
- Federal Laws