Primetals Technologies is a joint venture of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Partners. Operating globally, Primetals Technologies offers a world-class technology product portfolio to guarantee excellence in metals production across the entire value chain - from the raw materials to the finished product. We provide fully integrated new technology, automation and environmental solutions, high-end manufacturing capabilities and comprehensive life-cycle services. Becoming a member of the Primetals Technologies Team means that our customers can count on reliable and dedicated support to master the challenges facing the metals industry today and in the future. For our Employees, this means abundant opportunities to gain challenging work experience and steady growth potential for their careers.
The General Manager for the Metallurgical Services Business Segment’s MSM reports into the Senior Director for MSM. This position is located in Benton Harbor, MI and is responsible for the management of the Business and Operations for the facility to achieve the strategic goals of the Company. The ideal candidate will be responsible for: Product development, Engineering, manufacturing, maintenance, marketing, financial planning and control, and business development activities. This person operates within an overall strategic business concept set forth by the Company and is responsible for developing a strategic concept and plan for the facility and its individual departments.Responsibilities:
- Directs the Facilities’ maintenance and manufacturing production towards the accomplishment of MSM’s organization objectives. Develops and recommends operating policies. Directs the maintenance and manufacturing to maximize profit.
- Defines and recommends maintenance and manufacturing objectives; develops specific short and long range plans and programs together with supporting budget requests.
- Directs the preparation of specifications for quality, quantity, delivery and service required for purchase of equipment, supplies and materials to meet production schedules and quality standards.
- Insures prompt and economical receipt of needed materials and supplies, and delivery of service to customers.
- Formulates and installs standard production practices based on comparative studies of methods, costs and production figures.
- Supervises installation and maintenance of all equipment used in production.
- Sets up and maintains inventory controls and levels to confirm with budgets and forecasts.
- Directs preparation of cost control reports, cost estimates and staffing and facilities requirements forecasts.
- Primary contact for customers. Identifies opportunities for continued growth.
- Motivates personnel and increase corporate identity of personnel in order to achieve the Company goals.
- Responsible for recruiting, training and developing service personnel.
- Formulates service programs to educate customers in the maintenance of equipment.
- Oversees the maintenance of customer complaint records and accompany steps taken to resolve the situation involved.
- Directs the investigation of all situations of all customer service dissatisfaction.
- Ensures that personnel maintain customer good will during service period.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Fifteen years of a combination of engineering, project management and management level experience within a steel mill maintenance environment
- BS in Manufacturing, Engineering or a related field preferred
- Leadership - A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Management - The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Planning - The ability to think ahead and plan over a 3 - 5 year span of time
- Problem Analysis - Resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Strong Customer Orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High performance teams and a strong team player
- Commitment to Company values
Primetals Technologies offers a full range of benefits starting with first day of employment. Relocation will be available to candidates based on experience and position.
At Primetals Technologies, we value difference for the benefit of our Employees, our Customers and our Community. Primetals Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Business Development