Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products -amp; Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer-rsquo;s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products -amp; Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit -amp; Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 58 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,600 employees.
Atkore International is currently searching for a Senior Accountant specializing in Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting with the primary responsibility for all aspects of external financial reporting and evaluating accounting treatment for routine and non-routine transactions. Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in accounting for non-routine transactions such as: acquisitions, divestitures, debt transactions, restructuring and new accounting pronouncements
- Account for routine technical accounting transactions such as lease accounting under ASC 842, stock compensation, stock-based compensation, annual goodwill and indefinite -ndash;lived intangible impairment assessments, pension accounting and hedge accounting
- Prepare the cash flow statement
- Prepare the calculation of EPS and key ratios/metrics
- Perform and document technical accounting research on an as needed basis with the guidance and assistance of the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting
- Assist in preparing the quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes in accordance with GAAP, bank lending requirements, and potential future SEC requirements
- Assist in preparing quarterly earnings release
- Assist in preparing support for the proxy statement
- Serve as a key resource managing the company-rsquo;s internal and external auditors
- Serve as the accounting administrator for the LeaseQuery System and be the first reviewer for all new leases
- Assist in the monitoring of the Company-rsquo;s cycle count program set to roll out in FY 2020. Key responsibilities include monitoring the accuracy of the counts, assessing the appropriateness of the coverage of the counts, approving full physical exemptions, and coordination of the full physical counts at year end.
- Review the results of the management representation letter survey performed by Corporate Accounting
- Lead continuous improvement through lean manufacturing principles throughout the corporate accounting function
- Bachelor-rsquo;s or Masters-rsquo; Degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant, or in process
- Minimum of 5-7 years-rsquo; experience within private industry or a minimum of 3 years of Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and perform research tasks
- Effective communicator with the ability to write succinctly
- Previous financial reporting experience or managing SEC engagements while in public accounting
- Excellent leaderships skill and demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals of various skill sets
- Aptitude for continuous improvement and process redesign
- Successful track record of accountability and excellence in work performed
- Experience with financial systems such as JD Edwards, Hyperion Enterprise, HFM a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Workiva a plus.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore-rsquo;s culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer-rsquo;s experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that-rsquo;s how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that-rsquo;s consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles