The primary segment for the Inside/Outside Sales Consultant is mainly the larger sales volume customers for Essendant.
Key Customer Relationships
- Builds lasting customer relationships by initiating outbound calls, using Skype if need be.
- Plans and organizes calls and activities for the day in order to maximize sales and meet key metrics.
- Informs customers on Essendant’s portfolio, marketing tools, and services available, assisting in the effort of growing the business.
- Coordinates the involvement of internal resources, including support, service and management resources, transportation and pricing, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Ensures complete customer satisfaction by working with customer service, product management and facilities.
- Negotiates pricing and/or bid support as necessary to acquire new business or regain lost business.
- Collaborates, coordinates and strategizes with customers and Field counterparts to define detailed growth strategies to grow customer business.
- Promotes marketing, e-commerce, customer enablement and cross category solutions specifically designed to assist customer with growth and market penetration.
Right Sales Representative Skills, Behaviors
- Identifies sales opportunities through their website and account profiling, and develops plans tailored to the customer’s business model.
- Solicits new business to customers by offering support in all product categories.
- Sells solutions using Essendant’s Core Values and Guiding Actions, along with other objectives deemed critical by the company.
- Generates sales and margin growth while being cognizant of EBIT.
- Promotes growth in all Company categories.
Discipline of Management Processes and Tools
- Educates and is a consultant to customers on Company products, values, services, and marketing tools available to help grow customer business.
- Promotes Company freight and pricing plans and programs, Company Customer Training, where available, and the use of the Customer Care Centers.
- Provides bids and updates.
- Conducts frequent business reviews and is informed of innovations available in the business.
- Provides assigned accounts with company's products, programs, and services to assist in the development of business.
- Completes accurate and timely sales and personal administration tasks.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’s Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Covers for Field counterparts’ territories while they are out of the office for a week or longer.
Skills/Knowledge Required (Begin with words like Basic, Intermediate, Strong, Excellent, Expert, etc.)
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to close sales.
- Expert demonstrated ability to assess customer needs, probe for objections and look for creative solutions to promote/sell the company’s products and/or services.
- Excellent ability to communicate with customers at all levels of management.
- Strong understanding of competition within a sales environment.
- Strong working knowledge of all customers within scope of responsibility.
- Strong understanding of e-business and e-marketing.
- Strong application and understanding of pricing strategies.
- Strong knowledge of distribution, customer service, and procurement/expediting processes.
- Excellent follow up skills to ensure timely resolution in meeting customer needs.
- Strong time management skills, including ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong results orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to work cross functionally within the organization.
- Strong knowledge of company applications and systems.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent experience required
- Minimum three (3) years related Sales experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description