COVID\-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities\. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID\-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security\.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires\. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID\-19 Community Level at the specific work location\.
**Description:** **Come join Lockheed Martin's Global Security Future Architectures team\!**
We excel at creating end to end systems that provide integrated space and ground capabilities to support National Security Space\. The Global Security team has a long and proud history supporting critical missions and driving innovation for expanded mission capabilities\. Come be part of our teams' mission to propel LM into the future by leveraging our heritage performance to deliver mission value while utilizing digital transformation tools, operations agility and risk\-based testing to drive overall value for our Customers\.
Lockheed Martin is looking for an innovative Data Thread Lead to support the Global Security Future Architectures team in Denver, Colorado\.
As a **Data Thread Lead** for Global Security Future Architectures you will directly help establish the technical solution for one of our country's most vital and sophisticated Space Systems\! The Obsidian program is an evolved, next generation architecture that will incorporate model based systems engineering, leverage production mindsets and scenario based testing to realize reduced acquisition timelines\.
You will work closely with a team of top technical talent from across the program to provide the best, unified solution that meets overall performance, cost and schedule needs\.
In this role, responsibilities will include:
• Lead and develop Simulations and Models to accurately predict the amount of data to be collected by the system used to specify data rates and storage of the avionics hardware
• Lead and coordinate lower level \(e\.g\., subsystem\) models and results of into the system model to allow for a comprehensive and united perspective of system performance
• Lead and utilize Simulations, Models and Performance Budgets to conduct trades and allocate requirements across the program technical domains to arrive at an optimized solution
• Use your excellent communication skills to work across the Lockheed Martin organization and customer/user community to ensure consensus and understanding of system performance and trades
• Work with Payload and Communication Thread Leads to develop requirements for the hardware and software subsystem components
• Work closely with the Spacecraft and Ground architects to ensure end\-to\-end system data connectivity
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big\-picture thinking\.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package\.
• Demonstrated experience with Avionics \(such as C&DH, DMS, GNC, etc\) hardware or software integration and test
• Prior experience developing and utilizing system modeling tools
• Experience using systems models or simulations to perform functions, such as:
a\.\) System Trade studies
b\.\) Requirements decomposition
c\.\) Performance Predictions
• Strong team collaboration, communication and presentation skills
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Current TS or Q Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance\.
• Development of end to end systems models used to predict data sizing and flows
• Proficiency in the following engineering tools: MATLAB, Model Center, SysML/Cameo Magic Draw, DOORS, Microsoft Excel
• Space system design and test experience
• Ability to work in a fast\-paced, synergetic team environment
• Ability to lead multi\-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Masters Degree in Systems Engineering or Applied Mathematics, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of sophisticated problems and train others in their application
• Current TS/SCI Clearance
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status\.**
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours\. Our customers tackle the hardest missions\. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision\. They're dangerous\. Critical\. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives\. Those are the missions we care about\.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges\. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U\.S\., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories\.
- Applied Mathematics
- Electrical Engineering
- Financial Management
- Information Technology