- Compile information to set up the OEM IUVP database for testing on an annual basis, including sales volumes, emissions standards and vehicle identification (VIN) information
- Create test parameter sheets and populate vehicle information into test request system
- Assist mechanic with inspection, instrumentation and preparation of test vehicles as needed
- Submit test requests, track scheduling of vehicles, assist during testing process as needed
- Validate test results and submit data to the OEM and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) reporting databases
- Track and report IUVP emissions exceedances to EPA and the California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- Develop contracts for vehicle procurement and testing vendors
- Review and approve vendor invoices
- Support creation of material for reviews with EPA/CARB
- Support EPA in-use testing on as needed basis
- Strong technical and oral communication skills (reading, writing and speaking)
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, accessing databases, etc.)
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong planning, integrity, and teambuilding skills
- Ability to interact effectively with management and other organizations including government agencies
- Familiarity with emissions/fuel economy regulations and emissions testing/procedures desirable
- Ability to research regulatory requirements
Experience with powertrain engineering, emissions testing or in emissions certification Education Required:
Engineering Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 532293
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Advantage Resourcing is a member of a family of staffing companies owned by parent Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd., based in Tokyo Japan. Advantage Resourcing has offices in the U.S., Canada, UK and Sydney, Australia. The Advantage Resourcing service delivery model is “local market focus”, meaning that Advantage Resourcing learns client requirements for primary skill sets in every local market we serve.
View the full profile
Through our local market intelligence, we acquire resumes, screen and qualify candidates and prepare to deliver talent and solutions to our clients locally. Because of our vast global network, we also service clients who live and work in multiple geographies and countries as needed. It is not uncommon for Advantage Resourcing to manage human resource and staffing solutions for one client in multiple cities, states, and even countries. We are able to find the perfect candidate for a job one mile away, but we can respond to our clients needs whether they be 400 or 4,000 miles away while managing all of the international employment challenges, such as immigration and worker mobility issues, cultural anomalies, and currency conversions.