Repligen is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Supervisor to plan, direct and coordinate the organization's OPUS first shift product line. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
The Manufacturing Supervisor position oversees the production team that produces products and directs activities so that products are manufactured on schedule, within quality standards, and meet the overall cost objectives.
* Plan a production schedule for the job
* Implement and control the production schedule
* Review and adjust the schedule where needed
* Determine the human resources required
* Determine the material resources required
* Manage human and material resources to meet production targets
* Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement
* Work out and implement standard operating procedures for production operations
* Ensure that standard operating procedures are adhered to
* Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures
* Set product quality standards
* Monitor quality standards of products
* Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives
* Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct problems
* Determine and implement improvements to the production process
* Prepare and maintain production reports
* Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement
* Estimate production costs
* Implement cost control programs
* Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution, and management.
* Key skills for Manufacturing Supervisor
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Planning and organizing
* Coordination and control
* Time management
* Attention to detail
* Communication skills
* Influencing and leading
* Conflict management
Supervisor must also be able to handle responsibility and the pressure of meeting deadlines.
* BS or MS degree in engineering field, plus a minimum of five years of relevant experience in a small volume high mix manufacturing environment.
* Proven track record in building operations infrastructure in a high-tech manufacturing company.
* Strong experience in operations, supply chain, planning, quality, and inventory control in fast-paced manufacturing environments.
* Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Direct experience with ERP systems. SAP is highly desirable.
* Proven experience (3+ years) in a Production Manager Role
To plan, organize and control production, alongside other management personnel, to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to standard.
- Attention To Detail
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Conflict Management