Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Multi-Billion dollar international manufacturing company located in Lafayette Indiana is looking for a Materials Manager.
Knowledge & Skills Summary:
- Manage the daily planning and coordinating requirements for manufacturing processes to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet customer delivery date commitments
- Knowledge of MPS / MRP systems and concepts and a demonstrated ability to integrate these concepts with JIT and Lean Manufacturing.
- Ability to effectively apply continuous improvement methods to the planning function (e.g. pull systems, process mapping, JIT) and related areas.
- Communicate and present information to team members, other team leaders and top management.
- Read and interpret production drawings as well as understand manufacturing processes
- Proficiency in MRP / ERP systems is required – experience with SAP, AS-400, and transitioning ERP systems a plus.
- Position has frequent contact with machine operators, scheduler/coordinators, buyers, manufacturing process engineers, internal customer service representatives and external sales representatives, ensuring the fulfillment of customer requirements and attainment of plant shipping goals.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Education and work Experience:
- Bachelor of Science
- 8+ years working in materials / supply chain management experience
- 4 years working in a low volume / high mix environment
- Must have solid MS Office suite skills.
- APICS certification a plus