The Support Services Accountant is responsible for performing professional accounting duties in support of various accounting functions. They will assist with the completion of the month-end close and ensure accuracy in accordance with IFRS and GAAP standards. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / JOB DUTIES
• Complete month-end close and perform variance analyses for multiple operating facilities to ensure accuracy.
• Create journal entries and maintain proper supporting documentation.
• Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts monthly, and maintain a monthly close binder.
• Understanding of fundamental accounting concepts.
• Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills with good vocabulary, good grammar and the ability to independently compose routine written communications.
• Must possess strong telephone etiquette.
• Must have strong computer skills with good working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and financial systems.
• Must have ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats in order to complete assignments.
• Must demonstrate ability to pay close attention to details, and present good planning, organization, and time management skills.
• Must have the ability to handle diverse tasks simultaneously and be able to work effectively with interruptions.
• Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information or issues.
• Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily. KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS Education & Background
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred
• 2-3 years of related work experience Job Skills/ Characteristics
• Detail oriented
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to organize and manage varying tasks
• Ability to work autonomously WORK ENVIRONMENT & DEMANDS Work Environment:
- Office environment
- Adequate lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise level
- Limited travel during transition period may be required
- Frequent long-term periods of sitting while operating computer.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger press to operate the computer keyboard, calculator and telephone keypad.
- Possess speaking skills and hearing ability to interact with field accounting personnel and operations management on the telephone.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Attention To Detail