To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1167 South Green Street
Tupelo, MS 38804
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service & Driver of Medical Equipment CST
Rotech Healthcare Inc • Tupelo, MS
Posted 14 days ago
Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry and Let us be Your Road to Success!!
Rotech Healthcare Inc. is a national leader in providing Respiratory and Sleep Apnea treatment as well as home medical equipment. Each and every day, thousands of employees in the Rotech family of hometown companies contribute to delivering outstanding customer service and the very best in quality patient care through hundreds of locations across 48 states. Additional information can be found at www.rotech.com.
Why work for Rotech? If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: “The Rotech Difference.”
What's the Rotech Difference? It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.JOB INFORMATION
We are seeking a dedicated Customer Service & Driver of Medical Equipment (Customer Service Technician) to join the Rotech team! In this position you will be responsible as needed for the delivery, set up and maintenance of medical equipment, oxygen and supplies. As well as the instruction to patients and/or caregivers concerning proper use and maintenance of equipment. Position is also responsible as needed for providing customer service over the phone and in-person to patients and referral sources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Available for on-call assignments as needed
- Assemblies charts and processes paperwork, including preparation of files for the Billing Department and completes batch reports for UPS deliveries
- Assists with updating respiratory grid
- Builds relationships with locations, patients and referral sources
- Clears previous day’s route and checks all paperwork for accuracy and completeness
- Collects co‐pays and deductible amounts
- Completes all necessary delivery forms and paperwork including, but not limited to invoices, work orders, manifests and logs, patient care instructions, route sheets, etc.
- Complies with all applicable company policies and procedures to meet JCAHO and company standards
- Conducts insurance verification and eligibility for services/products
- Conducts patient satisfaction calls and acts as patient advocate to resolve questions or concerns
- Coordinates, collects and inputs all patient information and new patient set-ups
- Delivers equipment and oxygen as required in accordance with industry standards and applicable federal, state and local governmental regulations
- Delivers, sets up and maintains equipment at the delivery address using company vehicle
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current Medicare, Medicaid, insurance regulations, products and services offered by the company, and FDA/DOT, JCAHO and all applicable governmental guidelines and regulations
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of current products and services offered by the company and all applicable governmental regulations
- Educates the patient and/or caregiver on the safe use and maintenance of the delivered items
- Maintains assigned company vehicle in a clean and safe working condition
- Maintains referral log
- Manages all aspects of intake; data entry, answering the phone, outbound calling, receiving faxes, maintaining referral source information and log and data input into IMBS
- Monitors office supplies
- Observes additional needs that the patient may have and reports to management during morning meeting
- Prepares and completes CMNs/SOPs for Sales Reps and documents on tracking log
- Prepares deposit for location on a weekly basis
- Prepares tickets for daily routes and coordinates timely fulfillment of products and services ordered
- Provides education to referral sources, patients and employees on
Employment is contingent on
- Background investigation (company-wide)
- Drug screen (when applicable for the position)
- Valid driver’s license in state of residence with a clean driving record (when applicable for the position)
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- One to three years of related prior work experience in a team-oriented environment, customer service and deliveries
- Experience in medical field and administrative record management
- Strong customer service background
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Effectively communicate in English; both oral and written, with physicians, location employees and patients to ensure questions and concerns are processed in a timely manner
- Helpful, knowledgeable and polite while maintaining a positive attitude
- Interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of communication mediums
- Knowledge of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) or Home Medical Equipment (HME)
- Knowledge of insurance policies and requirements
- Knowledge of medical billing practices and of billing reimbursement
- Maintain confidentiality and practice discretion and caution when handling sensitive information
- Mapping skills including ability to plan time-saving delivery routes
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to learn
- Medical terminology
- Multi-task along with attention to detail
- Must be able to accurately perform simple mathematical calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Self-motivation, organized, time-management and deductive problem solving skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Available for on-call assignments as needed
- Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork
- Requires contact with patients and equipment with potential exposure to contagious pathogens
- Requires driving a company vehicle for the majority of the workday
- Requires lifting and transporting of patient equipment and or move full & empty cylinders
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening
- Requires the ability to load, push, pull and lift oxygen concentrators, oxygen tanks, portable oxygen units, positive airway pressure devices, wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, scooters, hospital bed parts, walkers, commodes and other home medical equipment and supplies in and out of location, warehouse, company vehicle, patient residence and/or delivery address
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Email transmission and communication
- Internet navigation and research
- Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power-Point, Publisher, Access, etc.
- Office equipment; fax machine, copier, printer, phone and computer
- Office environment
- Career Path and Management Opportunities
- Employee Discounts, Referral Bonus, Recognition Program and Employee Service Program
- Cell Phone reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Mileage reimbursement (when applicable for the position)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Make the right move, create your job profile and apply today!!
This process will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.