The Patient Services Coordinator - G9NW Pediatrics Intensive Care Unit position is responsible for coordinating and scheduling patient appointments, and providing quality customer service that impacts patient care services.
This position requires an Evening/Night shift. Employees must be able to work a combination of the following shifts, as well as rotating weekends and holidays:
* 7PM - 7AM
* 3PM - 11PM
* 11PM - 7AM
Essential Job Functions
* Schedules provider appointments, diagnostic tests, procedures, and treatments.
* Prepares and maintains daily appointment templates and/or patient records in One Connect.
* Communicates all pertinent information to families, physicians, team members, and other patient care areas.
* Prepares patient materials and documentation according to established procedures.
* Collects co-payments and validates patient insurance and demographics.
* Updates payment and patient information.
* Reconciles One Connect cash drawer on a daily basis.
* Performs validation of the Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire (MSPQ).
* Ensures coordination of benefits and assignment of Hospital Account Record (HAR).
* Follows standard operating procedures for institution and center.
* Protects the security and confidentiality of patient information at all times.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education Required High school diploma or equivalent.
Education Preferred Associate's degree in Business, Health Services Administration or related field.
Experience Required Three years of relevant work experience. May substitute additional education for required experience on a one to one basis.
Experience Preferred Experience in a patient care or healthcare administration setting.
Licensure/Certification Required None.
Licensure/Certification Preferred None
Other Required: Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Patient Services Coordinator - G9NW Pediatrics ICU (Evening/Night shift)
* Requisition ID: 153028
* Employment Status: Full-Time
* Employee Status: Regular
* FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
* Work Week: Evening/Night, Rotating, Varied, Weekends
* Fund Type: Hard
* Work Location: Onsite
* Pivotal Position: No
* Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 31,200
* Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 39,000
* Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 46,800
* Science Jobs: No
- Diagnostic Tests
- Health Administration
- Health Care
- Human Resources