Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400+ health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C. with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
New Product Development is responsible for driving the Advisory Board’s growth strategy by organically developing new products and services, as well as sourcing and supporting acquisitions and investments. In helping to fuel the growth engine of a high-growth division of Optum and UHG, the team enjoys close partnership with executive leadership across the business. Unparalleled access to the executives of leading healthcare organizations and industry-leading marketing capabilities offers motivated, entrepreneurial candidates a unique opportunity to quickly affect systemic change.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Aid in the research, development, and launch of multiple new product or product strategy opportunities:
- Identify and size potential market opportunities
- Conduct rigorous market testing
- Assess competitive pressures
- Perform pro forma analyses
- Guide internal approval process
- Devise and execute marketing and sales strategies
- Own product development and/or partner due diligence
- Support merger and acquisition activities
- Drive initial product delivery
- Manage appropriate staff for each product development project
- Play a role in developing and refining the department’s overall growth strategy:
- Conduct strategic analyses to determine attractive product development and business development terrains
- Spearhead projects to identify growth opportunities for the company e.g. hospital spend analysis, internal hospital landscape
- Expand the firm’s knowledge base in emerging terrains e.g. clinical practice analytics
- Consistently develop and evaluate new business opportunities/ideas/potential partner companies
- Mentor team staff and play a role in team operations
The successful individual will possess the following characteristics: comfort with ambiguity, ability to work in a matrix environment, ability to work collaboratively across teams.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience
- 1+ years of experience leading new product development through the innovation process of research, design, build and launch
- Experience in developing growth strategies for organization(s), particularly around new business lines
- Experience identifying and sizing potential market opportunities
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Experience working with clients in a consultative role - comfort engaging senior level people in back-and-forth conversation, ability to be convincing when necessary and ability to develop strong relationships through each interaction
- Ability to conduct market testing
- MBA or other advanced degree
- 1+ years of product management experience
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and demonstrated experience thinking through problems
- Experience managing and coaching more junior team members
- Experience in corporate strategy, start-up or business development
- Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives
- Success working collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Willingness to take risks and act decisively with regard to new opportunities
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
•All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.