Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Facilities Project Manager II. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
To plan, organize, oversee, and implement medium-sized construction programs, providing leadership, direction, and control for all activities within the areas of design, architecture, and engineering, which are associated with multi-million dollar construction projects. Manage and coordinate the work of highly skilled staff and consultants with particular emphasis on meeting schedules, budgets, business plans, and long-range strategies of the organization. May manage various projects concurrently.
- Executes approved plans, ensuring projects are completed in an efficient, cost effective, and timely manner, and in support of overall goals of FSO and the organization. Supports the Facility Strategic Planning agenda through construction, relocation, and consolidation efforts, while meeting the requirements of Facility Operations and the research groups with the most economical and feasible methods possible. Tracks and monitors progress, ensuring efficiency and contributing to profitability for Battelle.
- Coordinates engineering staff and construction-related trades in the management of their assigned responsibilities to ensure that they meet objectives consistent with established policies and procedures. Assists and advises other managers and technical personnel by providing consultation
- Performs feasibility studies, reviews data obtained or produced to assure accuracy. Prepares periodic reports or other data for presentation to upper management, research groups, government agencies and/or clients, clearly indicating details and results such as record of achievement on established goals, recommended improvements, cost savings, etc. Participates in the planning and development of the capital budgets, and long range plans for the King Avenue Campus and the West Jefferson Sites.
- Makes contacts, negotiates, achieves conflict resolution, and obtains written approval from government officials. Assures all requirements are met in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations issued by OSHA, OBBC, FDA, NFPA, and other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies such as the Development Regulation Division for the City of Columbus (Code and Zoning Officials), and the Ohio EPA (Compliance Officials).
- Coordinates engineering and construction activities for assigned projects with all departments, groups, and staff. Consistently cooperates with, assists, and involves managers and technical staff within departments such as Strategic Planning, Operations, Security, Telecommunications, Environmental Safety and Health, Business Administration, and numerous research managers and staff at all levels throughout the organization.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Architectural or Engineering discipline; 5 years of engineering construction experience in diverse R&D design and construction, with specific experience related to chemical, vivarium and/or biological facilities, in support of vivarium experimentation; or an equivalent combination of education and or experience in a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in E&D estimating.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and technical staff in written and verbal form. Must be able to maintain a good rapport with clients and government officials. Must be self-directing and able to adapt to quickly changing conditions.
- Must have a fundamental understanding in the areas of management, business, accounting, plus a working knowledge of the OBBC, CDC guidelines, and other various government regulatory requirements.
- Must hold or be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Security Clearance and have prior supervisory experience. Incumbent may be required to provide his/her own transportation to offsite work locations.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit URL blocked - click to apply