The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage consumer, mortgage and other bank collection activities on highly complex collection accounts. Manage the process, monitor and/or participate in delinquent loan review functions to include: monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, delinquent loan monitoring, generate collection letters, collection calls, negotiating and developing repayment plan and track loan losses and/or recoveries. Consult legal department regarding bankruptcies, collections and foreclosures. Work with repossession vendors to secure repossessed or foreclosed property. Oversee the liquidation of repossessed collateral which could include both automobiles and homes. Interact with collections agency as needed.
Oversee and supervise collections team with the functions of delinquent loan reviews, collections, recovery and bankruptcy processing. Assist staff in the collections process when necessary. Participate in the process of selecting, hiring, training, development, counseling and discipline of assigned staff in accordance with corporate Human Resource policies and procedures.
Assist senior management in creating and implementing overall department policies, functions, procedures and goals. Prepare detailed reports, summaries, and analyses. Make recommendations to senior management regarding changes in market trends and current policy and procedures. Oversee the collections process to ensure compliance with organizational guidelines and business objectives. Manage and administer bank collection systems and customer contact systems.
A staff of Bank Collections personnel.
- five years of related work experience
- working with manual and automated accounting and cash processes
- working with automated collection systems and call environments
Knowledge and Skills:
- knowledge and use of banking technology
- knowledge of The Auto Club Trust Bank operations and procedures
- knowledge of The Auto Club Trust operations, products and services
Works primarily indoors in a temperature controlled office environment. On occasion may throughout the state and out of state regional locations. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Management or a related field or four years of related work experience.
- supervisory experience
- preparation of financial reports
- supervision of collections operations
- creating, implementing, reviewing and updating collections processes and procedures
- project planning and management
- analyzing and solving complex problems organizing and strategic planning
- team building and decision making
- budget preparation and maintenance
- evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of systems and business processes
Knowledge and Skills:
- knowledge of collections terminology
- generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- bank products and services related to collections, bankruptcies and foreclosures
- basic management and auditing theory
- productivity and benchmarking practices
- collections operations and handling procedures
- problem identification and resolution techniques
- banking compliance environment
- communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
- prepare and present written and oral reports to management
- analyze, organize and present facts, evidence and related material effectively
- understand complex accounting processes across multiple departments
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.