Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
Req. ID: 20138
PURPOSE: As a Cost Accounting Supervisor, you will directly and actively support the accurate development, maintenance, and fiscal reporting of manufacturing costs & variances.
Additionally, this position is responsible for the accounting and compliance of fixed asset and inventory records. This includes conducting physical inventories, auditing procedures and documentation, and monitoring new capital projects.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Manage designated Cost Accounting staff, including training, development and performance reviews
- Oversee the Fixed Asset accounting process, including reporting, analysis and supporting business partners
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting and analysis related to manufacturing variances, inventory, and fixed assets
- Collaborate with operations on decreasing manufacturing variances and inventory adjustments
- Participate in physical inventories, including data entry, auditing and counting
- Prepare month-end journal entries, account reconciliations, and Sarbanes-Oxley documentation
- Prepare, analyze, and forecast LIFO inventory calculation
- Provide master data updates, including costs for new products
- Prepare special price requests for international customers and subsidiaries
- Report, analyze, and resolve low margins
- Leverage technology to drive efficiencies within the department
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Bachelor degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CMA certificates and advanced degree are a plus
- 3+ years of Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- General accounting experience with additional background in cost will be considered
- Supervisory experience preferred, direct or indirect, with the ability to lead cost accounting personnel
- Excellent PC skills required (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Windows-environment, etc.)
- SAP experience a plus
- Developed communication skills in writing and verbally with ability to influence stakeholders
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
- Fixed Asset
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles