To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PT Weight & Research Inspector-UPS Freight
UPS • Houston, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
UPS Freight, a leader in the LTL trucking industry, is currently seeking a part time Weight & Research Dock Inspector. This person will determine the accuracy of a bill of lading and verify actual weight, density, and freight classifications of shipments.
This individual will be responsible to:
- Inspect shipments for proper National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC) descriptions and proper weights
- Produce electronic Freight Inspection Reports providing details regarding shipment dimensions, cubes, densities, and proper NMFC descriptions, including detailed photographs and documentation
- Correct billing in CBIL to ensure applicable freight charges are calculated and properly invoiced and enter all necessary documentation in the Edge system
- Produce weekly Excel spreadsheets detailing activities
- Work to prevent future errors through interaction with customers and sales by providing education in freight descriptions, proper weights, and shipping procedures.
Knowledge of dock operations, computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel), and/or a college degree are preferred.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law