The Continuous Improvement Specialist responsible for the development, training, deployment, and auditing of continuous improvement models, either new or existing, and broadly applies best practices in Continuous Improvement, LEAN, Six Sigma and Total Preventative Maintenance. This person reports to Head of Regional Business Excellence, serving as a Business Partner and Influential Subject Matter Advisor to peers on the Site Staff Team as well as a hands-on trainer/coach to the entire site.
The role touches on Strategies, Tactics & Operations in areas including, but not limited to the MAHLE Production System; workforce engagement and empowerment; quality production processes; warehouse material flow; inventory; key performance indicators and gap resolution; value stream optimization; business proposals; setting operating standards; creating and implementing site strategies, objectives, and goals, and optimizing business processes. The proper execution of responsibilities will improve safety, quality, delivery, productivity and operating efficiencies, customer value, customer satisfaction, working conditions and morale, equipment/facility utilization, cost & capital, inventory levels, throughput capacity and site aesthetics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Exhibit positive behaviors aligned to MAHLE's Leadership Principles & Culture.
- Serve as an active member of the Business Excellence Department team, providing input for strategy, direction, and continuous improvement.
- Coach, mentor, train and develop LEAN practitioners and any subordinates (if so assigned) for understanding and compliance with MAHLE policies/procedures.
- Lead business process improvement workshops and projects.
- Facilitate, Train and Audit for the optimal use of the MAHLE Production System. This includes lean daily management, clear and concise reporting with action plans, visual management/controls, process optimization, standardization, leader standard work, Gemba walks, workforce strategy and other daily accountabilities.
- Identify cost improvements. Document, track, and report cost savings
- Initiate, train, facilitate or otherwise lead Improvement Workshops including 5S, Value Stream Management Activities & Kaizen Events.
- Lead in Formal Problem Solving and Corrective Actions: Data Analysis, 8D, 5-Why, DMAIC, RCA, etc.
- Ensure site level lean activities are aligned to MAHLE goals, metrics, and strategy. Conversely, support in MAHLE's annual strategy-to-goal setting process (Hoshin).
- Sets formal processes, production/labor standards and targets.
- Collaborate with peers to create messaging content and presentations for internal-company audiences.
- Organized, credible, collaborative, engaging, with ability to influence & communicate effectively.
- Possess a valid driver's license, authorized to work in the US.
- 3+ years LEAN experience plus a Bachelor's degree in Business, Distribution, Manufacturing, Industrial, Engineering, HR, or relevant field. Alternately, 10+ years relevant LEAN experience without a degree.
- Certified LEAN Practitioner from a reputable source, or equivalent industry training with 4 years consulting/knowledge-transfer in LEAN.
- Must be certified as a 6 Sigma Black Belt.
- Additional certifications desired (Project Management, TQM, TPM, VSM, etc.).
- Demonstrated history leading & supporting VSM & Kaizen events that eliminated waste & improved flow.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Processes, Distribution Center Operations and/or Manufacturing. Experience in Warehouse Management Systems such as SAP, not required, but preferred.
- Expertise in Project Management, EHS or Maintenance Excellence preferred.
- Possess a high level of technical expertise, ability to apply skills to continuous improvement processes.
- Basic knowledge of internal engine parts preferred.
- Strong computer skills, SAP, MS Office
- High willingness to travel
- As a Salary Exempt position, the role is paid to accomplish the job. As such, time more than 40 hours per week is to be expected, as is certain amounts of off-shift or weekend time to accomplish the job.
Weekly Working Hours: 40
Do you have any questions?
[ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to LEAN Coordinator
- Six Sigma Methodology
- Total Quality Management
- Lean Manufacturing
- Define Measure Analyze Improve And Control (Dmaic)