To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3811 Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Contact Center Specialist I - Medicine
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates • Arlington, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Schedules and registers Medical Faculty Associates, Inc. (“MFA”) patients while providing effective customer service to all callers. Provides detailed information in addition to general information regarding the entire MFA.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accurate documentation and creation of tasks including direction to the appropriate individual, such as admins, teams, providers, etc.
- Process tasks submitted by clinical staff and team members in all applicable systems.
- Perform all registration for new patients and updates registration information for established patients.
- Able to identify insurance information and process verification via eligibility.
- Proficiency in all aspects of universal scheduling, including making, canceling, and rescheduling appointments based on appointment guidelines by department.
- Displays in depth knowledge of all departments the UCC
- Provides patient instructions verbally or in writing when necessary for patient to prepare for appointment.
- Demonstrates effective call handling, including upset/dissatisfied customers. Appropriately identify and escalate priority issues.
- Ability to manage calls in an organized manner, including trouble shooting issues and actively problem solving.
- Works with administrative assistants and other internal departments to efficiently and effectively resolve customer needs.
- Ability to review orders thoroughly and accurately to determine needs of patients.
- Ability to perform at satisfactory levels in listening skills and problem analysis.
- Works collaboratively with staff across service lines.
- Follows all HIPAA guidelines and complies with annual training.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity towards patient/family rights.
- Complies with departmental standards regarding training, professional development, communication, management of workload, and safety/emergency situations.
- Prepares and mails appointment notices and patient information, as required.
- Ability to perform job duties at satisfactory levels using computer based scheduling programs, including but not limited to EHR applications and contact center software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including but not limited to use of proper grammar and phone etiquette.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work with a team and receive constructive feedback.
- Excellent active listening skills and problem solving ability.
- Must be able to maintain composure and professionalism even during high stress situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education High school graduate or equivalent required; two years of college is preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology or completion of medical terminology course is desired.
Experience A minimum of two years’ work experience in a medical/healthcare environment, such as a hospital, physician office, ambulatory clinic, or healthcare call center. Two years call center experience preferred. Experience utilizing a web-based computerized system for scheduling and Microsoft Office programs is highly preferred. Customer service experience is required; high volume contact center experience is desired. Must have working knowledge of insurance and possess developed problem solving skills. Typing speed at a minimum of 45 WPM is required.