Solutions driven success.
RXO brings together massive capacity, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading expertise to keep shippers and carriers ahead of the marketplace. At RXO, we’re looking for innovative and collaborative employees who are committed to solving our customers’ challenges. We know we can do big things when we work together – so join us on our mission to disrupt the industry.
As the Director, Sales & Operations, you will provide strategic leadership and direction for our Transportation Management services. Your focus will be successfully managing client relationships, meeting, or exceeding client expectations, and working to ensure effective operational solutions and service improvements. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to create positive results, ensuring a bright future for yourself and RXO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at RXO.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Lead the process of delivering successful proposals to future clients and internal operations at the start of the project implementation phase; develop an awareness of the issues that are pertinent to operational implementation
- Define requirements for transportation operations and ensure the implementation of new strategies and initiatives to effectively meet or exceed company requirements and customer expectations
- Develop and deploy transportation operational and management solutions, and establish business controls and processes to support regional transportation operations
- Identify growth opportunities with current and new customers; perform account management functions for the customer
- Communicate with customers, vendors, and operations to ensure customer commitments are met
- Maintain strong relationships with internal partners, including Sales, Operations, IT and Pricing
- Identify, present, and discuss with senior leadership the feasibility of new business opportunities with specific potential clients
What you need to succeed at RXO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 7 years of transportation management or contracted logistics experience
- Experience in a managerial role and designing managed transportation solutions
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management
- 5 years of experience working with a top 25 3PL company
- Availability to work extended hours including evenings, nights and weekends; ability to travel to customer and multiple operating locations up to 20% of the time
- Solid problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis skills
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review RXO's candidate privacy statement [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Sales and Operations
- Account Management
- Business Development
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Relationship Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Implement Projects