Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' award winner!Structural Engineer - Position and Responsibilities
As a Structural Engineer with Middough, you will collect and prepare data/information and perform detailed engineering calculations. The Structural Engineer performs basic engineering design for review and approval by senior department personnel. The Structural Engineer demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Education, Experience and Skills
- Collect and prepare data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations.
- Serve as Project Lead for select single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Assist in field work, checking installations, and problem-solving activities.
- Interact with other company departments and external suppliers to obtain required information.
- Manage the scope of the project work, address scope and work changes, adjust the project deliverables as necessary, and complete the project work based on the budget and scheduled time frame.
- Present project information to both internal and external client audiences.
- Use creative thought processes to deliver ultimate Project Solutions.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- 5-7 years of experience in structural design for refinery, chemical or heavy industrial facilities.
- Structural/Professional Engineer license preferred.
- EIT Certification in process or obtained.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, able to model and learn REVIT & BIM integration.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail abilities.
- Excellent multitasking and organizational abilities for project efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Safety protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.
Middough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Middough employs the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.What Middough Offers
We offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
Middough participates in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) E-Verify
program to confirm work authorization.Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit