The Regional Director (RD) will be responsible for sales management within an assigned region for Company’s Group, Voluntary and Worksite Benefits Sales organization. They will be responsible for a portfolio of 22 products and to maintain a high level of product acumen as the portfolio evolves/grows. They must maintain a strong in-market presence and build a robust customer relationship with the broker/consultant community. The leader manages a sales team that distributes Company products directly to employers (100-5,000 lives) and/or through brokers and consultants. The overall objective of the RD is to build and lead a highly productive sales team that increases both top and bottom line growth of the business. This role handles a territory encompassing Kansas & Missouri
Role and Responsibilities:
- Direct all sales and growth initiatives for Company within his/her region, working closely with the sales team and their brokers and customers along with internal partners
- Recruit, develop and lead a results-oriented sales team, setting objectives for each individual and helping him/her to develop and execute on sales strategies to meet/exceed their goals
- Identify, prioritize and help manage key relationships with targeted clients and/or brokers to create measurable business results
- Oversee pipeline management within his/her sales team to deliver sales projections to senior leadership
- Support and oversee negotiations with product and underwriting partners to achieve sales growth while meeting persistency and margin expectations
- Collaborate with other Regional Directors and operations partners (including but not limited to product, service and underwriting) to coordinate and support all applicable product, marketing, client service, etc. initiatives
- Serve as an effective leader ensuring that goals are aligned with the rest of the organization, and ongoing training and development initiatives become a key focus for the sales team
- Reports to: Regional Vice President
- Direct reports/team: + 10 Account Executives
- Key Stakeholders: RM Sales Organization/Leadership, Finance, HR, Account Executives, Service, Underwriting, Customer Service Operations Leadership
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of successful sales experience within the Group Insurance Industry.
- Strong understanding of the South West preferred.
- Proven success generating top and bottom line growth.
- Demonstrated success in developing sales people, fostering innovation and building a team.
- Proven ability to manage and adapt to change
- Strong background in sales management and or leadership within respected competitors in the insurance industry where he/she developed and executed a successful business strategy that led to new
- Must have a player-coach profile with demonstrated excellence in managing and leading a successful sales group
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- FINRA Series 6, 63 and 26 registrations along with appropriate state licenses including Life, Accident & Health along with Property & Casualty must be obtained (Company will support attainment of licenses)
- High standards of ethics, integrity and trustworthiness
- Articulate; excellent presentation and communication skills
- Results oriented with the ability to overachieve business objectives
- An effective team member; highly collaborative.
- Broad thinking business acumen, highly analytical, works well with data and information to draw appropriate conclusions
- Strong management and human relations skills in a style that exhibits maturity, leadership, sensitivity and teamwork
- The ability to work effectively in a large company environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Think Strategically – Set direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Create Partnerships – Authentically build trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seize Opportunity – Seek new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Grow Talent - Inclusively and pro-actively develop talent, empower individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Focus on Customers – Broker focused and Broker centricity, ensure focus on creating great customer and broker experiences.
- Drive Results - Set aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 583101
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.