Texas Health Arlington Memorial seeks to hire a Behavioral Health Therapist to work PRN – As Needed in their Texas Health Behavioral Health Center Arlington.
The address is 1001 N. Waldrop Drive, Suite 510, Arlington, TX 76012.
Salary range is Minimum $25.14/hr. to Maximum $37.57/hr. – based on relevant experience
• PRN – As Needed; 1st Shift
• Primary hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm or 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm Weekdays/Weekends
• Must be available to work 1-2 weekends shifts per month
• Provides individual, family, and group psychotherapy and counseling utilizing modalities consistent with the facility philosophy.
• Conducts unstructured individual, family, and group therapy as scheduled or ordered by physician to address goals identified on patient treatment plan.
• Provides didactic group therapy as scheduled and assigned
• Adapts treatment to reflect age-specific, developmental and cultural considerations
• Demonstrates competence with adolescent treatment
• Demonstrates competency with cognitive behavioral therapy
• Participates in the assessment of patients. Conducts psychosocial assessments to determine patient’s and family’s level of functioning to implement effective treatment, and to plan appropriate discharge disposition. Conducts PASR screenings as needed.
• Evaluates and maintains focus on patient safety at all levels of care
• Assesses substance use and history to plan appropriate level of care, interventions, and referrals.
• Maintains professional accountability
• Maintains and enhances social work skills
• Serves as patient advocate
• Complies with personnel policies, i.e. Attendance Policy, Dress Code, Social Work Licensure Practice Act, etc.
• Recognizes and communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
• Provides and accepts constructive feedback in a calm, respectful manner.
• Participates as a treatment team member
• Coordinates patient care with other disciplines
• Builds professional relationships with peers, customers, and supervisors.
• Offers assistance, preceptorship, and supervision to other staff and students.
• Maintains rapport and confidence of physicians
• Adapts to changes in workload and shift assignments to meet changing needs of the patients or programs.
• Maintains productivity
• Demonstrates positive, constructive communications.
• Provides discharge planning consistent with patient’s level of functioning and biopsychosocial needs.
• Assists and educates patient and families with identifying appropriate transition plans.
• Provides information on resources available based on identified patient needs.
• Collaborates with treatment team and physician to establish and facilitate discharge plan.
• Coordinates referrals and transfers with providers, community agencies, EAPs, payor source, and staff.
• Obtains discharge plan orders as indicated
• Documents transition as appropriate for program
• Assists with the development and documentation of comprehensive treatment plans for each patient.
• Identifies realistic, appropriate, and individualized goals for patients care.
• Plans care to meet treatment plan goals.
• Produces documentation that supports the treatment plan and meets regulatory requirements.
• Coordinates care with treatment team and patient
• Orients patients to programs and unit guidelines.
• Participates in providing effective and cost-efficient quality program services. Works to continuously improve quality of service programs. Maintains accurate and complete billing and accounting records. Understands and adheres to regulations and to accreditation standards. Maintains and enhances knowledge and skill in psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Master’s Degree in Counseling or Social Work required
• 2 years of healthcare related Counseling or Social Work preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
• LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker Upon Hire Or
• LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker Upon Hire Or
• LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor Upon Hire Or
• LPC-I - Licensed Professional Counselor Intern Upon Hire Or
• LMFT - Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Upon Hire Or
• LMFT-A - Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate Upon Hire And
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire And
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training Upon Hire And
• ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually within 6 Months Or
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 30 Days And
• ACPI - Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training maintained annually within12 Months
Skills and Abilities:
• Fundamental knowledge and skills in Social Work assessment and intervention as well as alternative levels of care, community resources and healthcare industry.
• Sound interpersonal skills and able to multitask and think critically in a fast-paced environment.
• Independently practices as part of the healthcare team.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
Texas Health Highlights:
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 & 2019)
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy