The Human Resources Generalist I assists with advising and counseling employees, and managers on the human resource implications of business decisions. The Human Resources Generalist relies on strategic thinking and knowledge in the following areas: organizational dynamics and structure; staffing and recruiting tactics; training and facilitation; employee rewards and recognition; change and culture management including team building; employee relationship and communication management; employee relations and performance and talent management.
The Human Resources Generalist I consistently demonstrates support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Mission and Philosophy by striving for excellence, contributing to team efforts, and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact.
The Human Resources Generalist I demonstrates Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Human Resources Generalist I:
- Assists with responding to employee and/or manager questions and concerns according to HR policies and procedures or by referring the issue to the appropriate HR contact.
- Participates in counseling/investigations regarding escalated employee concerns and issues.
- Participates in the New Employee Orientation process, facilitating, helping to organize, etc.
- Partners with appropriate individuals/departments on planning events and employee activities.
- Provides input to human resource programs and practices, determining value to the mission, assets, and business of Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Monitors and collects documents to ensure compliance to relevant company policies and legal requirements and may conduct audits as appropriate.
- Collaborates with appropriate functions throughout the organization to ensure adherence to various compliance standards and requirements.
- Enters and maintains data in the various HR systems.
- May facilitate ongoing training sessions on a variety of HR related topics.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
To apply for this position, please click "APPLY NOW"
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Complex Problem Solving