To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lee's Summit, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Food Service - Lakeside Grille, 24 hours per pay period
John Knox Village • Lee's Summit, MO
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Currently John Knox Village features 7 individual dining outlets spread out over the 400 acres of residential property each with a unique menu and style of service. Fireside is a cafeteria, Lakeside Grille is a quick service restaurant, Courtyard Café, Places Restaurant, and the newest, Stories Public House and Metropolitan are full service restaurants, and then there’s the Coffee Shoppe. Each outlet is at least a mix scratch restaurant. Courtyard Café, Places, Stories Pub, and Metropolitan are 70 to 99% scratch made-to-order kitchens. Lakeside has some cook-to-order and some batch cooking for the meal period. Fireside is mostly batch cooking. All kitchens utilize prep and line cooks under the tutelage and leadership of a chef. Check averages range from $6.50 at Fireside to $20.00 at Metropolitan. All outlets feature flexible hours, full- and part-time positions. All full-time positions are benefit-eligible to include up to 5 weeks of PTO for the year. Each outlet has different hours of operations, the earliest starts service at 7am and the latest closing time is 8pm, so say goodbye to getting off work at 2am from a typical restaurant. Servers working the full-service restaurant earn a higher wage than a typical server in the retail world plus earn gratuities as well.JOB SUMMARYThis position performs a wide variety of duties in a restaurant, dining room and kitchen environment. These duties may include, but are not limited to: functioning as host/hostess, setting up the dining area, taking food orders, serving food and cleaning and sanitizing the dining areas. Responsible for following instructions and carrying out assignments properly. Supportive of the Village’s mission, values, and service/hospitality (PRIDE) expectations. Completes training hours as required by policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sets up and cleans the assigned dining areas
- Relay orders to kitchen and serves food.
- Performs food preparation.
- May be responsible for cash handling and point of sales use.
- Observes residents and responds to additional needs.
- Maintains acceptable standards of workplace conduct.
- Handles stress well and gets along with others within the workplace and with customers outside the department.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and requirements.
The responsibilities described above represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to perform all assigned responsibilities.
Candidate must be at least 15 years of age.
- This position requires the level of education typically acquired by a course of study leading to a high school diploma or GED.
- Must obtain current Jackson County Food Handler Permit within 15 days of start date.
Knowledge and Skills (required unless otherwise noted):
- Ability to work with a large group of residents/customers.
- Beginner level knowledge of cash handling and cash register operation.
- Awareness of cost control responsibilities of the position within the Department.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
- Ability to speak in simple sentences.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to perform tasting and/or smelling. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but straight-forward written or oral instructions.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Primarily works in a kitchen and restaurant environment.
- The associate is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The associate is exposed to infectious diseases.
- The associate is required to function around individuals with challenged mental capacities.
- All associates may be called upon to assist other departments in a declared emergency situation.
- The Food Service Associates and Restaurant/Village Care Center Management Staff and Catering Staff and Supervisors are exposed to both extreme heat and cold with working around ovens/grills/cook tops and in freezers/coolers. These positions are also exposed to steam when handling food. They also handle sharp blades such as knives.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maximum occasional lift of 55lbs from 4-64 inches; maximum frequent lift of 35 lbs from 0-75 inches.
- Maximum occasional carry of 55 lbs at self-selected height for 50 ft; maximum frequent carry of 25 lbs for 100 ft.
- Maximum occasional horizontal push/pull of 60 lbs for 50 ft; maximum frequent horizontal push/pull of 18 lbs (2 person of 35 lbs) for 1300 ft; maximum occasional vertical push/pull of 30 lbs from 36—72 inches.
- Frequent grip force of 45 lbs; constant grip force of 10 lbs; constant pinch force of 5 lbs.
- Occasional climb of 18 inches.
- Frequent forward reach of 40 inches; occasional overhead reach of 84 inches; frequent lateral reach of 40 inches.
- Constant bend/crouch; frequent crouch/kneel; frequent neck flexion; occasional neck extension; frequent neck rotation.
- Frequent trunk rotation; frequent fine motor coordination; frequent hand coordination; constant foot coordination; constant balance; constant walking; occasional sitting.
- PDC Level:
Frequent supervision from Supervisor Nutrition Services and/or Restaurant Manager, Kitchen Supervisor, Senior Cook, Assistant Manager and Senior FSA. Gives no supervision.
Post-offer background check and drug screen required
Questions can be directed to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] #CB