Healthcare Outcomes Performance Company
is a vertically integrated musculoskeletal outcomes management company. HOPCo manages physician practices, hospital service lines, population health and value-based care programs, and musculoskeletal delivery networks.
HOPCo is the managing partner of Arizona-based entities, CORE Institute, Northern Arizona Orthopaedics, CORE Institute Specialty Hospital, Michigan-based CORE Institute, and Florida-based Southeast Orthopedic Specialists Clinics and Musculoskeletal Specialty Hospital.
As HOPCo continues to grow, we are looking for a Director of Facilities and Construction.
Please see below for the functions and requirements for this position.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develops the annual budget for the departments (Facilities) and monitors performance against the budget. Assists in the development of capital budget requirements for the organization related to new facilities and equipment.
- Directs the daily operation of Facilities staff to ensure work orders are completed timely, with excellent service.
- Responsible for all facilities (exterior and interiors), building equipment, grounds and coordinates with property management and outside vendors to ensure that routine maintenance is performed. Maintenance also includes preventative and necessary repair of all medical equipment (x-ray, ultrasound, etc.) and grounds oversight.
- Maintains outside vendor relationships and negotiates, coordinates, and monitors all maintenance contracts with outside vendors, all respective markets.
- Responsible for oversight of regulatory compliance related to State and Federal facilities standards including but not limited to OSHA implementation, training, updates of clinic manuals, and quarterly MOCK audits, in all respective markets.
- In collaboration with Facilities Leadership, leads project management of all construction projects from conception to completion to ensure timely delivery of the project within budget. Maintains records of maintenance projects, monitors the performance of projects, and provides updates.
- Works collaboratively with internal client customers delivering excellence in facilities, construction, and property management approaches. Oversees contracts related to facility projects and delivery of services.
- Responsible for leading the planning, organizing, and implementation of Facilities related projects within the organization, in collaboration with the Facilities Leadership.
- Ensures all sites are comfortable, clean, safe, sanitary, and conducive to the delivery of quality patient care. Serves as a key member of the clinic safety team and OSHA committee to maintain compliance at all sites.
- Assists Supply Chain Management with the purchasing process to ensure that standardization and sourcing of required materials and equipment in assigned areas.
- Develops proactive approaches to layout, facility design, construction, and efficient plan operations that lower costs and improves the ability of the organization to deliver excellent patient care.
- Facilitates optimal space planning for all facilities leveraging lean principles where applicable
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five years of building/grounds maintenance management experience preferred.
- Three years of experience in a healthcare organization, preferably at a Director level; OR, commensurate director-level experience in facilities and construction management with proven outcomes in facilities management, construction management, and project management.
- Proven experience in facility management involving plant, engineering, maintenance, commercial building, and property management in outpatient and non-clinical business operations
- In-depth and working knowledge of the operational processes and activities of the organization to facilitate the implementation of providers and projects.
- Knowledge of facility management standard practice involving plant, engineering, maintenance, commercial building, and property management in outpatient and non-clinical business operations
- Knowledge of outpatient clinic policies and procedures with an understanding of standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of construction practices including federal, state, local building standards, codes (e.g. NFP), and requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of safety practices and hazardous conditions to provide a safe work environment.
- Skills in managing multiple work assignments and setting priorities.
- Skill in negotiation and monitoring contracts.
- Skill in establishing good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Skill in meeting deadlines in project management and using associated management software.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to work effectively with external agencies and vendors.
- Ability to train, motivate and lead employees.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to delegate projects and work assignments effectively.
- Normal office environment.
- Local and national travel required.
- Must be available after hours, weekends to respond to emergency calls.
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Requires lifting of up to 50lbs
- Some bending and stretching are required.
- Manual dexterity using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- Business Relationship Management
- Clinical Works
- Computer Keyboards