To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Referral Intake Nurse | Namaste Home Health and Hospice | Denver, CO
Ensign Services • Denver, CO
Posted 7 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for managing all aspects of the patient intake process including approval or denial of referrals based on clinical appropriateness, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources, responding to customer requests and concerns.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in all daily patient referral and intake operations.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal referral/intake regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the implementation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure patients are admitted in accordance with policy.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
- Ensures seamless transition of patients to home care by providing direct oversight of patient education and preparation for home care, plan of care initiation, and coordination of care with multiple service providers.
- Gathers, collates, and reports referral statistics including key customer referral trends.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to meet unmet customer needs.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of Namaste contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
- Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Namaste.
- Assess referrals on a clinical level and determine if appropriate for Namaste services.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Registered nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
- At least three to five years of experience in health care operations.
- Knowledge of corporate business management, governmental regulations, and private payer practices.
- Demonstrates good communications, negotiation, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.